43@43: What did you guys think?

KeownFILMS

• Baller
The trailer looked great, but to be honest, I'm not inclined to spend 17.99+ shipping to watch it. When DVD sales stagnate, maybe you will consider a link on the site to watch it online for a couple bucks? Possibly even through this website. Just my .02

@9400 Thanks!

@Onside135 I'm definitely going to have a digital download option in the future, but I can't right now because that would disqualify me from several film festivals. And hey, I thought $17.99 was pretty good considering all of the other ski movies are $30! :)

• Baller
And hey, I thought $17.99 was pretty good considering all of the other ski movies are $30! :)

I guess I'm not buying them either. I am pinching pennies right, so I can afford to become a rated driver in the next couple of years! I'm sure your video is great, best of luck at the film festivals, and I'll look forward to the digital download.

@disland I'm hoping that I can do that, but it takes a lot of money and connections that I just don't have. There is a company that streamlines the process, but their minimum running time requirement is 50 minutes, 43@43 is 38. I'm really hoping they will change that soon!

• Baller

I liked it, but was a bit disappointed, the initial trailer, got me interested, but wasn't featured in the dvd, I was also expecting, a few more action shots , a bit more insight into jeffs skiing, maybe something to pick up on, just got the feeling he wasn't giving anything away.

Technically good film making.

• Baller
Jeff is quite unique and he did not follow the typical path to get to the top. Mad natural ability. His humble demeanor is refreshing. Film did a good job showing these things. For future projects, and while you have the cameras and the skier together, try to get them to share some insights into some of the topics that get discussed on this site.

• Baller_
Marcus Brown would be my next pick for a documentary. He appears to have quite a history, and impactful teachings along with knowing the who's who of the sport. Seeing what he's been doing as far as Marcus Brown TV would make for an interesting collaboration. Agree with the above. While getting to know the personal side of a pro is great, we all want that little insite and tid bit of knowledge locked away in the minds of the best.

@Stevie Boy - Sorry that there wasn't more insight to Jeff's skiing in the movie, but I'm glad you liked it otherwise. It's really more of a conventional documentary and I tried to make it more enjoyable to a wider audience, hence the explanation of how slalom works in the beginning.

@ktm300 - I'm glad I was able to convey Jeff's humble demeanor, he's seriously one of the nicest people I know. I also agree that it's refreshing to see someone at his level in any sport be that humble.

@Wish - I think Marcus would be a great subject for a documentary. He'd be a great fit for the technical side of skiing since he spends a lot of time promoting his technique. I don't want to speak too much on Jeff's behalf but when he says "I ski a lot by the seat of my britches, just hang on and see what happens." he means it. He skis "in the moment" and by feel more than anyone else to my knowledge. He's also said that no two passes of his are the same.