Strada Boots

TylerR

I've been skiing on my new 2011 Strada Boots for at least 5 passes a morning for the last 4 weeks and am still not used to them. They feel a little too soft for me and I seem to sink into them almost too much when I am trying to make a hard cut. Does anyone have any advice for how to stiffen them up a little bit or how to adjust my skiing so that them being so forgiving isn't as big a deal. I am in love with the new ski and boots, but I am really finding at moments i miss my old wiley customs.

Heat mold them to your foot. This causes them to pack a bit, especially when they are still hot and you put them in the shells and stand in them while they cool. Just don't pull the laces too tight and cause them to thin too much.

When you ski in them, don't crank the laces too tight or you won't release properly in a fall.

In the oven for 250F for 10 minutes. Follow the instructions on this video and you'll be fine. The liners are made buy Intuition and those shown in this vid are not quite the same but the method is very close. If you have an orthotic foot bed or the Radar version, I wore mine in the liner. Some posting here run then under the liner, in the shell.

http://www.jagersport.com/FMLinerMold.wmv

• Baller

I ran some old RS1s a while back. The ski was bigger than I usually ride so I wanted a bit more boot stiffness. I took a tongue plastic piece from an old snow ski boot and tucked it between the boot and the liner. It was too stiff, uncomfortable and hard to get right. So I took the tongue plastic from an old rollerblade boot liner, trimmed all the foam off it and tucked that on top of the liners. This tounge plastic is rather thin. It was quite comfortable and easy to use. And it added an appropriate amount of stiffness to the RS1.

Regarding cooking liners, be careful. The best trick I have heard from epic snow ski forum (by skidding):

"•Pre heat oven to 280 F (have done at 300 F too - due to rest of procedure, it doesn't seem to matter)

•Rack is OUT of the oven and clean

•Open oven door and insert rack, liner (no footbed), oven thermometer (I used the thermometer to test - not required)

•Turn oven OFF, set timer for 10 minutes

•Put on toe cap and thin sock

•Get boot ready to expand to insert liner - have assistant ready.

•After 10 minutes, remove hot liner with cotton gloves. Oven thermometer should be 200 to 225.

•Insert footbed – BEFORE inserting liner in to boot – seemed to work better for me.

•Insert liner with foot bed into boot

•Put on boot, tap heel back, wrap liner and make sure there are no boot pinch points, and lightly buckle up

•Stand with toes on one inch board for 12 – 15 minutes while it cools.

It worked for me. No marks from oven rack because you insert it at room temp. No scorch from heat since Oven is OFF during baking and is just radiating the retained heat."

There are other techniques (heating rice in a sock, boiling in water or

"Originally Posted by SierraJim

The official TGR method is as follows................

•Start with a very large commercial (?) pasta pot.

•Add 1-2 Gal. of cold tap water and 3 cans chicken noodle soup.

•Bring to boil, reduce to simmer for 10 min.

•Add S&P to taste, potatoes, carrots, and onions (finely chopped)

•Add liners. Simmer 25 mins.

•Remove liners, place on feet and into boot shells.

•Thicken remaining liquid w/cornstarch, Serve with crackers to onlookers that are not rolling on floor.

Yeah.....that's the official TGR method......yep, I think that's it......ummm.......I'm pretty sure.....uhhh.....

Oh, BTW......"I'm an excellent driver."

SJ"

The Epic ski thread is http://www.epicski.com/t/110431/how-to-heat-intuitions-at-home-no-convection-oven

Eric