EXO Question for Chuck and Others

Garn

• Baller

I just got an S2 and the EXO bindings. Two questions. 1. Where on the back of the boot do you measure from to measure distance from tail? 2. The binding tension, where do you start when setting that and do you go heavier/lighter/ or what? How's the best way to determine where it should be?

Thanks,

Garn

• Baller

You hopefully got that booklet that HO makes that explains all of that...if not contact them or the dealer that sold you the setup. For measuring I use tail to back of front boot.

Fwiw, most skiers use some form of a B setting... A for lighter skiers; C for heavier skiers

• Baller

@garn,

I got the same set up this weekend. I measured from the back of the boot just like I do with my Strada's. I did end up going a little more forward than center (29.5") due to having the back boot a little too far back due to my large feet.

As far as tension, I went with the chart and then half a letter more.

Have fun skiing, this is a great set up. I was really impressed with the performance of the EXO's vs. the Strada's.

Kevin

@Garn

Measure from the back of the boot, farthest back. I found 1/4" forward works best for me. If you look at the underside of the rail, you should be about #1 for the screws.

Once this is set and you mount your back boot, notice where the screws are and look at the chart to determine your setting. It is very important to get this right so the release works properly.

I am 175# on an S-2 66.5", size 8 boot at 29.75", release setting is "C", fin settings are stock.

For 2012, they stiffened and slightly shortened the bar to allow it to float a bit as the ski flexes. What this really does is insure the front and back pieces of the bar are not compressed when you are in a hard turn. This way the system will release without any chance of binding.

• Baller
I have attached my EXO bindings to the ski with just the front boot mounted on the rail so I can measure boot distance to tail. But how do I make that measurement with that rear part of the binding right in the middle of the ski?