Strada Boot / Problem

Stevie Boy

• Baller

Hi guy's just brought a 2012 strada boot rff, tried it at the shop and it seemed ok, Nice people, I was told it would grow by up to 10%, got it home and tried it on again tightened it up and immediately noticed that when I put pressure on my foot I could feel something pushing into my inside pad, I took the liner out and had a feel around and there are metal blocks where the binding screws go into, problem being that the liner thickness does not prevent these from pushing into your foot, creating discomfort.

Anybody else noticed this, any ideas what can be done about it.

• Baller
Thanks Guy's at least its not a design error ! whilst we are on the subject of Strada Boots, has anybody converted from D3 Leverage to Strada Boot, reason I am asking is if for arguments sake, if you had the D3 Leverage at 29 1/2 " where would you place the Strada boot or should I say what sort of measurement would you use.

• Industry Professional
@stevie boy what size ski are you on? Are you using a Radar universal plate? For the Strada boot I would just put the front on and butt the end of the tape measure to the back of the front boot right where the stitching is

• Baller
Hi Brooks, great fan, using Aluminuim plate 66.5" A2, for various reasons was looking at the 2012 67" Senate C, I ski 34mph , but I haven,t seen any decent footage of the ski in action, the only footage I have seen the ski seems to bounce a lot on the wakes, I am sure thats not a feature, that would not be ideal for me ( surgery etc ), would love to see footage of yourself on one. I should imagine 34mph could be a challenge timing wise.

• Baller

@Stevie_Boy The stock liners that come with the Strada are flimsy, and don't last very long. Take them out of the boots and keep them new for when you sell the boots.

In the meantime, put a high quality orthotic type footbead like Superfeet or Zapz between the shell and the liner then heat mold your liners. The Zapz fit in the bottom of Stradas perfectly and are totally stable giving you excellent control and comfort. They have great arch support that can be customized. They never fall out when you take off or fall off of your ski, and they don't hamper the binding's designed release characteristics if you eject OTF.

• Baller
On the topic of Strada boots, does the water drain out of them? I just got a pair of 2011 and have only been able to have 1 set on them so far. I noticed that the liners and factoryy footbeds have holes in the bottom, but a new footbed (what many recommend) may seal those up. Also, it doesnt look like there is any place for water to drain from the shell. It looks like they would fill up with water and then not drain out. That would add extra weight and change the feel of the boot. Has anybody looked into this?

PurdueSkier

I run superfeet inside my Strada (inside boot and not under boot like others do) and water drains out just fine. My boots are the 1st year edition (I think about 4 years ago) and I just had to replace my front liner due to a tear in the lycra where my heal slides in ($70). The new liners that they are shipping in the 2012 boots are very comfortable and better (IMHO) then the earlier version. I think I'll order a replacement for my rear foot liner.