Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

2009 Connelly Prophecy vs 2012 Syndicate A2

Spesh

Hi guys, this is my first post on the forums, so please be gentle.

I am currently riding a 2009 Prophecy, however, I feel that I'm reaching the limit of my progression on this ski. This maywell be down to the fact that I have gained a lot of muscle over the last year, which I believe could be making me slightly overweight for the ski. I am currently 190 lbs and the Prophecy is 66".

I have been looking at the 2012 A2 (67.5"), however I am yet to ski on it. I was hoping people might be able to give some info on main differences that I would be likely to notice by making the switch. I am skiing 36mph, anything up to 28 off.

Thanks.

Ah yes, I read that article earlier actually. I had considered the current Prophecy, but I have been hearing great things about the A2 from other people in my club that ride them, in terms of stability and effortlesness. One thing I have found with the Prophecy is that it does seem to require quite a lot of user strength/input. Or that could just be the way I ski.

• Baller_
With the Step Bottom design of the Prophecy, it should take far less effort. Similar to the way the HO-S2 takes less effort than the A2 (so I've heard). The HO Coefficient Xsl takes no effort do to the step bottom IMHO. It can get squirrelly at short line but I cant imagine that ski being anywhere near as fast without the steps. Same goes for the S2.

Its difficult to find a ski. I skied almost exclusively on an old kd 7000 last year. I tried a few others but the elite seemed the best on just one run. A lot of people tried to steer me away from buying one but i NEED to buy what ive ridden and so do you. Try some skis if you can. I know it can be difficult to say "hey can i borrow your ski for a couple passes" but thats what youre going to have yo do

i did get the elite abd there may yet be a better ski out there for me but ill buy it when i ride it.