Glove liners

bhs

• Baller

For some reason my hands are killing me this year. Would like to know if anyone has had succes with glove liners and what kind. I have used the overtons palm pads in the past. They worked pretty well.

What else is out there?

• Baller
I started wearing the Straightline palm pads a few years ago. They made a huge difference, especially when I was using the Masterline K-palm gloves, my hands would get torn-up. I don't ski without them now. I ordered four pair for this year and I'm about ready to start using the second pair.

• Baller
Thin kevlar glove liners from Grainger, etc. with straighline palm savers over them. I haven't had a blister issues since last July (and I have many consecutive days in a row of 2, 3, or 4 sets per day) when I went to this combination. I have used each level of protection individually with some success; but, together they are great (for me). I also use Masterline Pro Lock gloves.

• Baller

I started using the kevlar glove liners a few years ago at the advice of @MS. I also started holding the handle further out in my fingers. No problems since.

Liner types are different. I ordered a box of liners for less than $2/pair online and they are fine, but they are a little stretchy and not as tight as the ones from Straightline or Masterline. Problem is, if you buy them from those guys you pay $20/pair!

• Supporting Member

I'm a fan of Underware Ultra, sold by PC Racing. These literally cost about 10x some cheap glove liners, and probably "only" last about twice as long. But I'm the sort who hates to change anything at midseason, so the fact that these last a full season for me is worth it.

I started using Underware about 15 years ago, and haven't had any hand problems since.

• Baller
If anyone is looking for some good Dupont Kevlar Liners, I have 30 new pairs that I cannot use. They were sent as size small but I would say they are a men's medium. They have the red banded wrist but they are not the large ones with red band. I will sell them in lots of 10 for $33.00 total including USPS shipping. Send me a message if interested.

• Baller
A lot of safety equipment stores stock them as well. I ran into an overstock situation at a local store a few years back and bought 3 dozen yellow kevlar for something like $3 per pair. I stopped wearing when I had to go Clincher style gloves but my future son in law has just about gone through the pile at this point.

• Baller
I wear two pair of cotton liners under Tail 41 gloves. Last time I bought them, I bought a pack of a dozen or more, and they were less than fifty cents a pair at Tractor Supply. I did go up a size on the actual ski gloves though. I have big hands so the three layers are still completely comfortable and effective for me.

• Baller

So do the liners prevent blisters or callouses or both? I've done 65 sets in the last 3 months or so, and I have pretty hard callouses on both hands. Doesn't really bother me since there's no blisters, but I wouldn't mind not getting them either.