Best PT ever

Razorskier1

• Baller
So my low back was nagging me for three weeks. Hadn't skied but for twice in the last two weeks and each time it was clear I couldn't shorten or ski very long. Hurt for days after. I had been to my regular chiropractor and had a 90 minute deep tissue massage/stretch. Nothing. Finally called my physical therapist, who has worked on all my injuries for 15 years and is always awesome. Went yesterday, described my symptoms. He did a few tests, worked on my for 30 minutes and this morning I skied pain free and strong. My only question for myself is since I know he can fix me, why do I always waste three weeks thinking it will get better before I give him a call???? For those of you near the Twin Cities let me know if you ever need fixing. He is one of a kind.

• Baller
It's great to find a good PT. I went for years on and off to different therapists but was totally discouraged with them so I quit. When I went for my dislocated shoulder a year and a half ago to I went to someone that was recommended. Just like you I can't say enough about them. I'm up north in Nova Scotia though, so they wouldn't be much good to most of you.

• Baller
@Razorskier1 where was your back bothering you? I have a mid back issue on the right side that I can't see to work out. I can ski with it particularly if I spend a bunch of time on the foam roller. The chiropractor helps but it doesn't stay gone for good.

• Baller
@Chef23 -- pain was lower right side. He spent a bunch of time on the psoas muscle (which is about as painful as it gets) and on the hip flexor and then had me do some exercises to re-activate the muscles in my core/back that had shut down due to the pain. He did say that my mid-back isn't moving very well, and that I should get on the foam roller and get it flexing better again.

• Baller
@Razorskier1 I have been spending a lot of time on the foam roller including the psoas muscle which totally kills. My mid back doesn't move that well and I have been trying to fix that. I have had that issue for years that comes from an old golf issue. I am looking for something to fix it but haven't found it yet.

• Baller
@Chef23 -- any issue I've ever had my PT has been able to work it out, and I've given him plenty! 4 shoulder surgeries, two knees, ruptured biceps tendon, ruptured lumbar disc, pinched nerves in the neck (resulting ultimately in surgery this year after 8 years of him fixing it when it went haywire). He's also fixed various movement issues in the mid-spine over time as they tend to impact other areas. Without him, I wouldn't be skiing.