Ski for my daughter

WBLskier

• Baller
I am trying to find an older used junior slalom to buy for my 6 year old daughter. Probably a 63" ideally but a 65" would probably work. She is just new to skiing on 1, so I don't want to get something too small, but I'm open to suggestions. At this point it doesn't need to be a high end ski, just something with small enough bindings. If anyone has an old one that they'd like to sell (or suggestions on what/where I should get) please let me know. Thanks.

• Baller

Pretty much any D3 will work. We have 3 kids ages 6-10 sharing a 63" Z7 right now. Will need to get the oldest a 64ish ski for next season, but the younger two are set for awhile. XS Wiley's with a rear toe. Again, the oldest will need a bigger binding next year, but for now it works for all.

The junior Obrien slaloms seem to be good as well, but you are more likely to find a used D3.

• Baller_
I have a Jounior OBrien Alegiance I could part with. I think it's a 59 or a 62. Which would be a great size for a 6yr old. PM me some contact info and I'll send you the specs and pics if u like. Great shape and already has a toe kick.

• Baller_
I'm with Mr. Jones on the D3s for beginning kids. I strongly recommend a 64 or 65" to start off with - a 59-62 will be way too much work at 12-15mph that she will be starting at. Only when she gets up to 26-30mph would you want to go with a 62".

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
Is there something special about junior skis (smaller, lighter, etc.) or can I just find an older 65” ski (since that sounds like the right size for her to learn to get back and forth across the wakes on until she increases the speed/proficiency) for her to learn on. I remember learning as a small kid on my dad’s 67” HO and that seemed to work okay until I really figured out how to cut. I’m looking at a 65” CDX. Any thoughts? Too much ski? She just turned 6..about average size. Thanks