Ok, I know this question is going to make me sound like I have never been on a ski before but....

Ilivetoski

• Baller
So I have been running 28 off alot lately. Very consitant. I feel like I am making my turns too hard, as in I am coming in, and absolutly killing the turn. Much more then needed. At 28 I can get away with it but at 32 its killing me. I have had some really good looks at running it but ruin it by overturning either 1 or 2 usually. So that said, here is the stupid question of the year, how do you not kill a turn? I have been stuck on this almost default setting of killing my turns that I have literally forgotten how to take a nice predictable turn. Oh one more thing, I am taking these huge monster turns when im super early... Crew at Cobles said that I am making turns that I have 30 ft of room to make and im acting like I have 5 ft of room to make these turns.

• Baller_
Is it you or the ski setting? You can take some of the aggression out by making the ski take a longer, smoother arc. Try shortening the DFT. Overturning both sides at the very start of the pass may be a ski setting thing.

• Baller

I posted this under a previous subject but thought it might apply here also !!!

Something that may help you from over-rotating is vision, and where you look. Something I have to work on a lot with only one good eye.

I start after the transition, while setting up my counter, looking down the buoy line. Key here is keeping the head and shoulders level, with the counter being a straight extension of the rope. Do not stare at the buoy as you will drop your head. You can see it fine looking down course on your way to the apex.

The hard part is coming off the apex at the start of the turn. You want to keep a rather still upper body, with head and shoulders level through the turn. Keep looking down course. If you turn your head to get a sneak peak of where you will be going, you will drop the inside shoulder and over-rotate.

Also, if you were setup correctly at the apex, with full extension, countered, head and shoulders level, and looking down course. DO NOT pull in on the handle and rotate the upper body. Rather, slide the hip to the handle while looking down course. This will do THREE major things for you. One: Keep you from over-rotating. TWO: Set you up for a open to the boat leveraged position. Three: Not let ZO know your there, so you can acquire your leveraged position in preparation for the oncoming load.

Hope this helps somewhat.....Big E.

• Baller

Good comments from Ed. Some other possibilities:

You may try simply staying more upright off the water...don't let yourself get so close in the lean or the turn (this will help at 35 and 38 as well). Got my ski partner doing this yesterday and his 32's suddenly became effortless.

You may try reaching a little higher.

You may try looking ahead nose of the boat at the next buoy as your turn finishes.

• Baller

Hi - it does seem that we are seeking the same thing!

I would highly recommend free skiing for proving to yourself that you can turn without nailing it and generally getting your mojo back.

I posted a video, after the requests for one, showing a free ski pass and the overturning bouy pass - if this is what you're doing and you fix it - let me know!

I'm going to work on the vision thing but also think a lot of it is what is happening well before the turn and for me it's all about the gate - once you start turning hard and loading early you're stuck that way for the whole pass. Need to learn how to coast round one :)