Pain in the Back

coskier

Hello, I am 6'4"215lbs and am skiing a 69” Coefficient X. I just swiched from a HO CDX. I have noticed since my switch that the Coefficient X takes longer to get me out of the water. It was ok for a while but I am getting a bad back pain in my upper back. I am very new to skiing and this is making skiing not fun. Anyone have any advice/ tips to help? Is there a better ski for a bigger person? I don’t want to buy another ski but I cant work construction with back pain like this. Any advice would be appreciated. I also got my first clean pass through the course this week, so despite the pain it am getting a little better.

My guess is that you are bending at the waist when you come out of the water and probably have your head down. Hold the handle like you would through the course and keep it at your waist when coming out of the water. Also, keep your head up. This will keep your back straight and should reduce the strain on it. You should also stretch often now that you are having pain. Sit down with you legs straight in front of you and touch your toes. Do it several times throughout the day and at night before you go to bed. Good luck.