Ski Photos that just make you happy

Horton

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller_
My daughter several yrs ago at her first tournament. CP made sure he got her last name right when he presented the trophy to her and Will made sure she held it up for the photo. Makes me happy and proud. 89251eae8b56aa2a8fd9afcedf5589.jpg

• Baller_
I'll though this one up not in the happy category but the wow. Was on a photo shoot with Thomas Gustafson (waterski photographer). Did not know he was still in the water after he was done with the pros. I was getting a quick set at the end when my rope went over his head at ball one. Flash!! Surprise!! What's amazing to me is that morning was cloudy, cold, and gray. To my completely untrained eye, I figured the photos would simply not be any good. I was very wrong. He is truly amazing with a camera. e30e1a3f417b49da989f80c02eb273.png

These vintage photos of my dad and his buddies always make me happy. The first one is at Crystal Lake in Michigan where we used to vacation- it's before my time but when I was a kid there was a guy with a stars and stripes MC and everybody would line up on the dock with a $5 bill and pay him for a pull after dinner each night. The other two are on the Ohio River where he grew up.

• Baller
@Wish Your pic that TG took reminds me of what happend to @CypressSkier (Jeff Greathouse) not long ago. There was a photographer taking pics for a story in a magazine about watersports. The photographer was in the water just inside of 2 and downcourse(oopsie) with his big shielded camera on a stalk. As Jeff came around 2 and was bringing the ski back inbound he took the camera right in the rib cage. Make heap big boom! Jeff, camera, and cameraman all go down in huge Ball of Spray.

• Baller_
@ShaneH I've had the very fortunate oppertunity to be part of his shoots and assist. I am "Flash Boy". I've been in WSM noumerous times as....light. Have had some pro skiers ropes just clear my head as I held a big remote flash. Shoots happen in my course often so my red balls have also been in the pages. It is so cool and unnerving to see a pro round a ball at 36 and point his ski right at you and then all the sites and sounds of them turning ball just feet from you is amazing. Honestly, TG amazes me with his dedication and consentration. I don't believe he has lost a camera to water but it's thousand of $$ just inches off the water with all that going on. I truly look forward to seeing his photos each month. Get to tell my daughter "hay..look, there's our lake again". Some day I might peak my head out from behind the flash and grace the pages of WSM. I just won't be extending it up and looking over it. That could be fatal.

sorry couldn't resist adding these- borrowed a boom from another club member and after last night my sons both said "daddy I don't want to be a wakeboarder I'm a skier!" @krlee your former boat is getting a workout! I'll add the video that goes with the second pic on the videos thread.