Ski Photos that just make you happy

Horton

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

I'll preface this one by saying that I was driving and had NOT had anything to drink nor do I condone that for the driver. This is my good friend (like a sister) holding the handle with her elbow so she can crack open a can of Busch that she had stuffed in her life vest before we took off.

And the other picture shows all six behind the 150 Merc that same day...one of my favorite pictures ever.

cd15727c1c8cfabbb8f91319a473d5.jpg

30dee909a1ea6c02c6a4a0718a67ab.jpg

• Baller
@OB, @richarddoane, @AB -- Pretty sure he was wondering how I was running it at all! That lake is really rolly and the tournament was small, so when I ran 35 Barry sat at the end smoking a heater and talking. Told him I was ready and he told me to just wait a bit longer, let the lake settle. He retired from the MC promo program after 2008 and now spends his time fishing and hunting. Honestly, I ran my first -38! I don't care where he was looking!

• Baller

Barry was a classic and a great skier himself. He would coach a guy up on the ends and between rounds on shore and it was always helpful (though in my case sometimes a little terse).

I had my 36 mph PB behind him and later my 34 mph PB...which coincidentally was my first tournament at 34 mph taking a piece of 5 ball at 38 off. Only took me 5 more years to best it and run a tourney 38 in 2012!

• Baller
Awesome photo of your buddy picking up the sport @madcityskier! Your photo makes ME happy too! It is way cool to be introducing your buddy to this fabulous sport, and your buddy's form is a perfect reminder that no matter how much we feel like we're struggling with technique, most of us need to appreciate more just how far we have progressed!

• Baller
I posted this photo a few years ago in a differrent thread, but it fits here as well. It makes me happy because it was taken the day in 2010 that I completed my house (built 90% by me alone), on a lake built 100% by me and 3 other friends (including families). After 8 years of almost constant work (in our spare time), I could finally put my feet up and relax, and only worry about all the ongoing maintenance requirements...

• Baller

@Texas6 Thanks- Actually I just got back from the tanning booth wearing my flip flops. A good flip flop tan to me is like a goggle tan to snow skiers:)

@richarddoane - Actually the summer months are typically really calm, and we rarely get blown out. The typical prevailing winds usually max out at about 5-10 mph cross course, and with the lake sitting low, the water stays flat. Spring is another story, and if the wind blows down the lake, we're done for the day. With only 5 owners on the lake though, we watch so much flat water go unused its almost a crime.

Circa 1980,

Just had to love the old 12" PolyForm A-Series buoys they used to use in a lot of places.

From memory I think about 4 bricks used to weigh them down so 1/3 was above the waterline.

They were like a log to hit & most only ever did it once.

103d9e181f1faf4bad4b4e0cf7aff3.jpg

Cheers

• Baller
Picture above is six of us who all stepped out of skis to barefoot behind my old 1988 Ski Centurion Warrior Barefoot Comp. Below is the boat in 2006. Meticulously maintained and the beneficiary of a new Yamaha VMax 225 big block V6 in the early 2000s. Believe it or not, I learned the slalom course behind that bad boy with my wife driving. Tracking fins, a reverse angle transom and a under the front gas tank made it a tracking monster.

• Baller_
@ntx now that drives me nuts. I've got all my boat guides dead on and my water filled turn buoys perfect for height and size.. Oh and they all have a nice shiny paint job....even the green ones. I should take a picture and post. Makes me smile when I look out my back windows.

• Baller_
@gpcarson hahaha that does make me smile. Mostly because i forgot to take the stupid a$$ back brace off. Thanks for the memories. That was a good year. My wife took a PhotoShop course that year and basically erased the belt. Kinda scary what she can do with photos now....... Sometimes her photos do not make me smile.