Any suggestions for a good 67" slalom bag or sleeve

tfriess

• Baller

For years I used a Belluche padded bag for flying. I cut pieces of 3/4" foam insulation panels and put them vertically on the sides to provide some stiffness and then wrapped jacket, towels, etc around it for protection.

.... then I bought a sport tube. Ugly and cumbersome, but I feel a lot better when I get where I'm going.

• Baller
@tfriess, D3 makes a great padded slalom bag. The boot area is higher which is good for hardshell bindings. I have tried the Radar and HO but definitely like the D3 best. @MS and @Kelvin, which sport tube model would you suggest and where is a good place to buy one?

• Baller
I have a Series 3. It can carry a pair of 72 inch jumpers, a slalom and trick ski (without the bindings on the slalom or trick. For us the local Sun N Ski carries them. They sell them primarily as snow ski carriers so they are an out of season item during the summer which can lead to sales. To reinforce the snow ski connection, there is a new Lindsey Vonn version with a lifetime warranty.

Tad, if you want a bag/sleeve just for the ski I would go with Eagle. Get the one with the built in fin protector. I have also heard of people using a padded snowboard bag for their slalom ski, boots, liners, gloves, rope, etc. I am thinking of getting a 175 cm Dakine snowboard bag for my equipment. Been looking at them on the internet but stock is low right now because it is not snowboard season. New stock should be coming out soon.

Not sure what ski you have, but I just picked up a Radar Strada bag for my Vice. Construction seems good, looks good. Really nicely padded shoulder strap, and mesh area around the boots. The whole base of the bag is nicely padded, the nose of the bag is padded on the top and bottom unlike a lot of other bags, and the fin has additional reinforcement material inside and outside the bag. For my 65" ski in the 65-67 bag there is a bit of slop from side to side & front to back, and you may even be able to add a sock on the ski before throwing it in the bag for trips that require extra padding.

If you have really high back boots you may have troubles completely zipping the top, my connelly bag had issues even with the connelly hinge bindings and connelly ski. But with the Vectors it fits with a bit of room. It only has one pocket on the inside near the boots and is large enough for gloves, keys, wallet, and phone.