Insert for Nano

Double7s

• Baller

Is there any reason I can't put inserts in my Nano? Is the construction different than the 9960?

I have the rest of summer and all winter to recover from the Powershell injury. With inserts I have more binding choices.

• Baller
Not recommended in the Nano. The construction is different. They put some extra layers in the "insert" skis to give the inserts grip, Nano top layer is too thin. Suggest you get a Reflex or miamiskianautiques bond-on plate that give you standard pattern studs to bolt to. People I have seen using them say they work well.

• Baller

Unwanted release injuries. 3 broke ribs, concussion, and sprained MCL in a three year period.

Two weeks ago after replacing dual loc the ski stopped at 5 ball. I went out the front, binding didn't release causing a 90% achellies tendon tear and a non displaced ankle fracture!

Surgery. No walking for 2 months. Then rehab. Maybe 100% in 6 months!

I'm in the PS's but I'm scared. I can feel the tension on my rear achellies. But I have a rear foot injury and it hurts to bend my rear foot too much so a soft rear boot is out. What else can I use that is safe? FM's? Does that release? I've tried Radar Vectors but too soft. Would a Strada boot support my rear foot so not to bend forward?

• Baller

Londonskier,

I have been afraid since I released the first time. I kept saying I was going to use something else, but never did anything about it. Bindings are cheap compared to what an injury will cost you. I can't work for 3 months. That $500 reflex doesn't sound that expensive. And I'm not having a lot of fun right now on the couch!