Is there still such a thing as a split radius turn?

sunvalleylaw

• Baller

I mean as an ideal or a current technique for the appropriate line lengths?

I watched the 1990 tape "Advanced Slalom Clinic" past the part that I normally do tonight, and though I am nowhere near the place of needing to think of it if it is still a current technique, I was curious after watching the discussion and demonstration. You could definitely see what Bob was doing at the very short long lengths, much easier that at 32 off where he said it first becomes relevant.

(As an aside, I was surprised how much of the advice given by Mr. Suyderhoud and Mr. LaPoint was still relevant. Especially for this 15 off guy working on stack and position. Kinda supports the good skiing is good skiing theory.)

• Baller

@Drago, thanks. Interesting. In other threads, the discussion has included thoughts about focusing on position and letting the edge change take care of itself once you have proper angle. I will have to find out more about current thought regarding edge change and not being overly harsh.

@Horton. Thanks. Kinda like an abstem in alpine skiing. Not what you shoot for, but you can pull the old trick out of the bag to save your ass if you need to.

• Administrators

@sunvalleylaw

It is not really a trick => if you are narrow and not going to make it around the ball you can do a late split radius and be a little wider or apex a little later. Still not a good thing.