Gonna try the new Goode

Than_Bogan

• Supporting Member

For some reason my wife seemed to think it was a really good idea, even though I'm skiing the best of my life right now on my "old" 9900.

Current estimated arrival is right after Regionals (8/4).

I'm sure I'll write some sort of a review at some point, although it will mean much less than Horton's do because I rarely try different skis.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
@Than Bogan - you said: "my wife seemed to think it was a really good idea". Where does this tribe of women exist that thinks getting a new ski is a good idea? I must go there and take one to be my own. Yes. That is what I will do.

So.... I also pre-ordered the new "Nano One" about 3 weeks ago... I am a LLF skier and can't wait to try it as I heard it is amazing:-)

So fast forward to today.... I am informed by "Boody" that he called Goode about the same ski (that I had "Pre-Ordered" 3 weeks ago) as well and he switched my order out for a RFF ski...Hmmm??? He is a RFF skier??? What about me... What gives?

• Baller

@than

You are absolutely doing the right thing trying out a new ski when you are skiing well. Most of the time we want to jump to something else because we are struggling. Try it out while you are peaking on your old stick and see if it's really better. (For that price it better be)

• Baller

Teaser from the factory preview sheet to put the insert rumor to rest.

FACTORY INSTALLED BRASS INSERTS – Every NANO ONETM is built with factory installed brass inserts. There is a warning on the ski that reads: "DO NOT DRILL OR SCREW INTO THIS SKI. USE ONLY APPROVED 250 INTERLOC OR FACTORY INSTALLED INSERTS TO ATTACH SKI BINDINGS TO THIS SKI. READ USER'S TECHNICAL MANUAL FIRST."

Nuff said I guess on that subject.

Question is how could @Horton not know this before the rest of us? Thought those website donations at least would get us some advance news without having to work for it ourselves.

• Supporting Member
Pretty sure there's a lot of stuff that is still officially secret, and I'll point out that I've revealed none of it. But considering how many people have been informed at this point, leaks were certain. Indeed I expect they were part of the marketing plan!

• Supporting Member
I won't have mine until August -- maybe as late as mid-August. There's a good chance that my first set and initial reactions are going to be filmed by a Goode rep. Soon I may rival Horton as the best known not-really-elite water skier!

• Baller
My ski partner got his yesterday. He's always had a problem with keeping the tip down at the finish of his onside on every ski. First ride on the nano one and he ran the cleanest 35 he's ever run and very nearly ran 38. Tip stayed way down. He's headed to the scr regionals with it after 2 sets.

• Baller

@scotchipman No, according to Chris at Goode it was the last one made before the new graphic. It's actually the old nano top sheet that looks like it was misted heavily with black paint. Kind of rough looking when you look at it closely. You can tell it's a preproduction ski. Completely different look than the ones Regina and Miller have been on recently. It does have the brass inserts, though.

• Baller
Interesting that they think the same size ski will fit people weighing from 110-210 lbs. Maybe if the heavier skier is running 36 mph deep 39 but it seems unlikely that a 200 pounder skiing 34 mph 28-35 off is going to fit the same ski. Maybe it isn't meant for that skier anyway.