Gonna try the new Goode

Than_Bogan

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

First impressions: This ski shuts down fast and turns really good. You can pull all the way to the bouy and still rip the turn. The tip stays down really well, better than any ski I've been on.

It does seem slower than my Nano mid, which at times seemed almost too fast. Nano One is more work to get across the course, so I am not diggin that. The wind was up when I skied and I skied better in a tail wind than the head, go figure.

I am going to move my bindings a tad further back next time out.

Kim tried it too. She is (was) on the 65 mid Fire. She REALLY liked it and skied great. (crap)

You definetly need to check it from the factory. I got mine today. I have the Goode digital slot calipers. Factory settings were: 6.777, .730 dft, and 2.372 depth. When I went to loosen the screws to adjust I found they were all loose so that may have been the problem.

My settings are now 2.491, 6.777, and .705

• Baller

I've skied 3 sets on it and pretty much agree "spot on" with Chipman.

My wife is have serious success with it and seems to fit her style very well.

As far as me, I am not skiing at better than my Nano mid, but not worse. Which is crazy because its a totally difference ski.

• Baller

Ski showed up monday rode it tuesday 2 sets with fin the way it came out of the box.

Easily ran up the rope to my average practice score. Felt a lot like the md. Set the fin to chads numbers. ran up the rope thru 35. I have busted my but on every ski out there but have only run 35 on 3 skis. My mid and two nano ones one on the first set and this one one the third set. I am in a different spot coming to the bouy and feel like i can just wait for the ski to turn. This ski is a winner. The mids going on the shelf after 3 years but not for sale quite yet. I am not that technical but it feels like it is easier to get the ski between me and the boat.

Oops hit the button too soon....

I got into deep 32 4 times in some pretty good wind... But then I tried it today with no wind and today I got 1 at 35 OTD (Only the 3rd time this year for me)... I will say this, I am trying a rrf Nano One and I am a Left Foot Forward Skier... The Nano One is slow into the buoy and has an incredible turn at the buoy. I have only tried this ski twice and it is amazing! I would like to ski it tomorrow again for the third set and see if I should try it at Nationals???

• Baller

@ShaneH, yea she already tried getting those rhinestones out and told her to put them the #*&$ away. She skied back to back 32 offs, so there is little doubt that ski suites her.

I went back to my Nano mid and skied pretty good. I then went back on the Nano One and skied a little better. Just wondering if its $2k better. My Nano mid feels much easier to ski on. But, when I get to 38, the tip rises as the finish and can screw me up. I really need to focus on keeping the tip down on 38. I also may put the ventral back on to help with tip rise, its currently off.

On the Nano One, it feels like I have to pull my guts out to get across the wake (or just have better form). But once I get there, it pretty much turns on its own.

I like my Nano mid better, but I think my bouy count may be a little higher on the Nano One.

Still deciding. I have 5 sets on the Nano One.

Kim is skiing the Nano One at Nats. I am bringing my Mid and will decide on the long plane ride over.

• Baller_
Tournament at Cory's over the weekend and their were many Nano-1 skis on the water. every one riding them rave about the performance they give. Watched Dr. Morgans daughter ride a Strada in rd 1 then go mount her bindings on a new Nano-1 and match her rd-1 score in rd-2, pretty impressive.