Stupidest Ski Injury Ever

kfennell

So I am out for two weeks now. Might miss some field work too (which means thousands of $) and why?

Getting into my boat with a trick ski in one hand and a boot in the other and I stepped on the grip pad, but somehow I still had my foot slip off leaving me to tumble face first into the ski I am holding, which unfortunately had a FM release plate on it. Tore open the side of my mouth (joker style) then punctured through the skin in my bottom lip somehow. Plus there is a row of cuts where my teeth hit my face. It was super terrifying at the time it happened, I hit so hard I was sure I had lost teeth or worse.

I guess be careful getting in the boat, and take the 5 seconds to tie it up so you don't have it moving away from you making it even harder to step into.

:(

• Baller
Young ski buddy of mine was super excited after winning his division at Lake X. Skied around 2 ball on return pass and roared over toward shore misjudging speed, distance and time remaining all the time whooping it up. Ski stopped in shallow water while "Mr. Hotshot" super-manned onto the beach sand right in front of the bleachers. John stopped inches from the front row and got a standing ovation from both people Wow, was his ego ever injured!!

• Baller
@shaneh That response got a much more entertaining reaction for sure. @kfennell get better soon man. Sorry to hear it. Maybe use the above excuse instead of ever admitting you were near a trick ski. Feel like it could be much less embarrassing.

took a head over in a downhill race many years ago. Looking up I see a ski coming at my head. I put my arm up to block it It missed my upper head but went into my mouth took out all my front teeth split my lower lip. Kfennell hang in and get well.