Mastercraft at regionals

Klundell

Just saw that I drew the Mastercraft for Western Regionals. I haven't skied behind one in years what can you guys tell me about the pull? ZO settings? Etc? I'm not particularly picky when it comes to boats but thought I would ask.

Yeah, blame the boat. My wife skied behind our 197 and then the TXi this weekend. She is just learning to run the course at 26 mph. She couldn't tell a difference and I couldn't visibly see any change. I then pulled a M6 skier, 32 mph from 28 up through 38 off. He can't feel any difference in my wake vs. his Txi.

I'll admit that the wake at 15 and 22 is harder, but to say it caused an OTF for some M4 skiers is nothing more than an excuse.

• Baller
I actually like the slightly firmer feel of the MC pull the past two years compared to the 200. I'm a little leary when I get a 200 these days because some of them feel overly soft. MC wake is a little firmer, too, but not a big deal. My B2 son had MC for the regionals and he said he felt the wake a bit, but it didn't affect his skiing. He's not skiing slower than 34 anymore though. To be fair, when he was at slower speeds he was more affected. Can't imagine the boat causing the OTFs on good skiers though unless there was a ZO issue going on.

• Baller
the only thing thing i can think of is the site was shallow and it affected the mc more the the others..i ran 4@38 early this year behind one, that's about my tourney average. i wont go on keep this fire burning. heck, i think they look awesome, and overall ski pretty decent. but it was a site to see for sure..

• Baller

I skied behind the MC, Nautique and TXI in back to back rounds two weeks ago and the wake on the MC is significantly harder to me than the other two boats. It doesn't impact my score at all but it does affect kids. At Nationals I saw that all slalom practice is being pulled by Nautique that is an issue for Boys 2 skiers that have drawn MC for slalom.

That said if I was buying a new boat I would probably buy a MC because I like the trick wake and would prefer to practice behind the harder slalom wake.

• Baller
To be fair - two of the upper M4 seeds at SCR fell at 1 ball or right afterward (velcro pre-release) so I don't think the boat played a part in that. I skied in that group and thought the boat felt fine. I simply one-fingered two ball at 35-off and couldn't make it to 4 in order to re-grip. That's not an issue with the boat IMO.

• Baller
Not enough. And it was over a year old or maybe 2. 2 strips on each side. clear velcro on ski and black velcro on plate. I will either change velcro once a year or place a plate on ski that does not come off. Daughter just got the new Nano 1 and it came with inserts. Pretty cool looking ski. She likes it.

I bought a 197 this year the wake and zero off surge is very sensitive to crew weight. over 450 to 500 lbs is noticeable over 600 is OMG. My old 196 wasn't as bad as long as you balanced the weight side to side. but I found myself lost at tournaments with the wrong boat draw.