How to explain slalom to someone that's never seen it.

Wish

• Baller_
Say, does any one know of a good website or youtube video that explains how slalom course skiing works....explains boat speeds, rope lengths, buoy counts, maybe equipment etc..... Have some family that's never seen or been to a tournament and would like to shoot them a web link so they can better understand what's going on when they see me this weekend. I remember on ESPN's Hot Summer Nights they had some ok graphics and explanations. Just haven't seen anything since. And if there isn't some easy to follow explanation out there, there should be.

• Baller
I often tell the casual skier who does not understand the finer points of slalom that free skiing is like going to the driving range. It's fun, but after a while you really want to try it out on a golf course.

• Baller
I'd like to see if someone's got a good easy explanation of it too. When I tell people I slalom, I can see from the way they respond that most people have no idea what it is. Heck, the majority of people are surprised to learn I do it on only 1 ski!

• Baller_

so I threw this together last night to email to Fam and friends. this is what would be nice to have (especially somwhere on BOS for easy access) only in a much nicer format then black and white. added the youtube vid of Worlds in 2009. they had a tower cam that showed everything along with several other camera angles.

fb9ff6d0e5be46be0a2e339e15754f.jpg

• Baller
@Wish I have used this for press releases for our local Tournys for Journos/reporters that know nothing about our sport.Seem to work pretty well as whenever they do any stories they seem to get it right (Most of the time!! =) )