Soaked Water Ski Tournament- CALLING ALL 34 MPH Skiers

Chad_Scott

CALLING ALL 34 MPH SKIERS

As many of you have heard-Soaked Orlando will be the forerunner of a new professional watersports and music family-oriented festival debuting in Orlando Florida September 8-9, 2012. The slalom format is unprecedented and will entail a 4-bouy format with all male competitors including the pros, skiing at 35 miles per hour. Over $70,000.00 in cash prizes will be distributed among women and men jump and slalom competition winners. The top over 35 and over 50 male scores will be recognized along with the top overall scores. Don't miss out on a chance to compete against the pros on a level playing field!

There will be a $1000.00 paid to the highest score for skier over 35 years old and $1000.00 paid to the highest score for the skier over 50 years old

See you in Orlando,

Mike Morgan

Steve Garcia

• Baller_
4 buoy??? Really?? Why not an 8 ball course? 1500 feet is plenty long. I remember Cyprus Gardens running a 4 ball decades ago and seeing some grumbles and disappointments in the crowd. If it has to be that way then it is what it is.. I believe there's another much older thread that had some promotional info on it and mentioned a 4 ball but changed it to 6 after hearing about the 8 ball option.

• Baller
@Wish I was at the site for the press release back in May, I talked to some skiers/organizers about it. An 8 buoy could possibly work there it would be very tight, but it would have to be positioned farther away from shore running at an angle. With the 4 buoy course it will be right next to shore for the SPECTATORS! At the end of the day 4 or 6 buoys the best in the world will be competing in a tournament like no other. The spectators do not know the difference between a 6 and 4. It will run faster and more guys will get to take some stabs at 43!

Hey guys, not all of the information in the first post is 100% accurate.  The event website, http://soakedorlando.com/ will be the best place to get information from about it.  Details will be updated in the next 24-48 hours.

It will be run at 35mph (57k) and there will be a prize for the best score by a guy 35+ as well one for a guy 50+.  But for all the best info check the website