Looking for a Ski School

aswinter05

• Baller

My wife and I would like to take a trip before the summer is over. We have been thinking about a weekend at a ski school.

Traveling distance isn't really an issue. Just as long as it's in the US :)

Does anyone have experience in the area or a suggestion for us? Thank you very much for the help!

• Baller
@mikey I have gone to Dallas/Ft. Worth Ski School a number of times. I found Alan and Tom to be as good as anyone in the business and at the time cheaper. Lot more bang for the buck! As a matter of fact I need to get back down there soon. Thanks for reminding me!

• Baller

You could try Tom Asher & June Fladborg, based in Florida, close to attractions etc, very nice people, very good coaches, you get both one driving one coaching.

Email: Activeskiing@gmail.com

Tom Asher = British National Champion

European Champion

World Cup Champion

June Fladborg = World Record Holder

European Champion

World Cup Champiom

• Baller

Do you guys that have received coaching think that it matters a lot if the coach you are going to skis the same "style" as you, ie, more traditional vs. west coast? Or do most of the good coaches seem to be able to coach the student where her/she is at?

I would like to go get some coaching and am also considering where to go. LaPoint runs a couple day clinic once or twice a year up here. I will try to catch that one for sure next year if it happens. But otherwise, somewhere in CA is most likely I would suppose.

• Baller
@aswinter05, been to Coble too many times to count! Love the place and will actually be there for the last week of the season. It has turned into a tradition for my wife and I to go the last week of their season for many years now. Always look forward to it. I can't compare them to other places because I am extremely happy with everything there that I don't look for other options. Look forward to meeting you there.

• Baller

@DUSkier, it was awesome man! Great skiing weather (mid 80's), great group of people, great food, great everything, etc. We are getting ready to reserve a spot for a Spa Week next year. Most likely in the spring.

Brought a lot of lessons back home to work on. Can't wait to get back to Coble!