HO EXO Bindings on a Radar Strada

AggieSkier

• Baller

@ShaneH Are you are still on a Strada w/ HO EXO bindings? If so, can you share your binding location and fin setup?

Replaced Radar Vectors with a new pair of the 2012 EXO Forms. Ski is a 66" Strada. Front boot was 29" (measured to very back of boot not the sole) and that puts it at -2 on the EXO Frame.

Today we will move bindings forward. Yesterday's maiden set ended with a tail-rider thru gates and a big fall at 1 ball. Nice to know the release mechanism works.

Front will be -1.5, Rear binding is mounted with the toe touching front binding's heel.

Thanks,

Jay

• Baller

Well maybe I can help you out. I have a 66" Radar Annex and just recently swapped the HO EXO's on it. The very first ride was super wierd but after loosening the cuffs, it helped my learning curve massively. It's been about a month and maybe 5-6 sets plus some free skiing but I'm pretty much back to where I was skiing before the boot swap.

I originally tried to line up the ankle points between my old bindings and the new EXO's. Unfortunately, the EXO's were a little bigger and I couldn't get them in the same spot and tried to split the difference which made me WAY tail heavy. I moved the fin and bindings to the factory location and that seemed to fix everything. The bindings ended up moving up nearly a full inch from where they were when I tried to get them where my previous rubber boots were.

I'll have to confirm the boot setup when I get home but the fin setup is now stock at 0.75 6.84 2.48. I'm almost positive my boots are 28.75 but I need to double check that. The Strada fin settings are within .01 of those numbers if I remember correctly.

• Baller

Well the Annex was the same concept as the Vice is now. Exact same design as the Strada or RS-1 at the time of the Annex but with a polyurethane core instead of PVC so slightly more forgiving, heavier, and less explosive out of the turn. One friend of mine liked it so much he bought one. Another guy said it was really fast but very difficult to get up on. On the flip side though, I've taught more people how to get up on slalom on my annex than any other ski. I've owned the ski for 1.5 years but I do think it's probably more ski than I need right now though since I'm skiing 28mph and 15 off.

I like the ski a lot but I haven't ridden a lot of ski's to really give a good basis for comparison. My only complaint is that I bought the ski based on my weight and the speeds I was skiing in open water. I'm a little heavier than I was and skiing much slower in the course and the ski is a little small for me right now but I can't fault the ski for that.

• Baller

Incrementally moved the from binding from -1.5 up to 0 and Strada is working better after each change. Looser cuff helps. Increased release tension from A to almost B after a rag-doll triple tumble at 2nd wake.

Ordered a new A2 and will start over this weekend with a new setup. Want to ditch the EXO adapter plate and go straight to the ski inserts.