Jobe Rogue Boots Review

Horton

• Administrators

9a0b15975f125d43dec7ca18602975.jpg

I finally got to ski in the Jobe Rogue boots yesterday. Say what you will but I love the bright blue. Maybe I am tired of 90% of all boots being black and the rest are red.

I wear a size 11 shoe and Jobe only had demo boots in size 10. So when I say the boots are comfortable I mean that they are comfortable except that my toes were cramped. I am confident that if I had the size 11 boots, they would be very comfortable. The size 10 boots fit around my ankle very nicely and are a little on the roomy side over my arch. If I had to ski in these long term, I would add additional arch support to take up some of the space around the middle of my foot.

As for the skiing, they are great. The stiffness is in line with most of the hard shells on the market and the other hybrid boots. I went out and just ran a bunch of 35 in them last night. I felt at home after 1 pass.

Build quality looks to be excellent. Pulling them out of the box that is one thing that really stuck me. They look like a mature and well thought out product.

The one downside for me is that these boots are not designed for release in a fall. If you are one of those skiers that wants both feet together at all costs these boots would work great. These boots would also be a great option on a dual lock style plate.

If Jobe switched to a removable liner so they would release, I would be happy to ride a pair all year.

https://usa.jobesports.com/slalom-ski-bindings/

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller_
Correct on HO. Feet come out... liners stay. Really want to try those. Was in the Jobe store trying to pull the liner out of the blue boot. Reg string; no bungie. Guess @Hotons discriptions explains why I couldn't yank the liner out. I really tried to get that sucker out too. @Hoton with the reacent post of "does waight matter?" do these feel significantly heavier to u then Stradas? Always thought that both feet staying attached to ski is just as safe as any release system. Neat that an major company feels the same way.

@horton on the website you posted above, the bindings description says "Bungee cord in the upper ankle section for emergency exit." So wouldn't they be similar to the stradas, I mean by not synching the laces down tightly so you can still release (I know the stradas have liners). I started skiing on a pair of radar primes and I see these bindings being similar, non-forgiving lower lace with bungee upper lace. I released in my radars as long as i didn't synch them down extremely tight. I personally see these bindings being similar to the radar vectors, just with a closed toe.

I'm not trying to compare the their ability to release to the stradas, because I also like the stradas design better. It's just to me it seems that the Jobe's are designed to release.