ZO problem, getting slow times

ral

• Baller

Our 2013 Nautique 200 is getting slow times @ 36 MPH. We get sometimes 16.30. No problem @ 34 and no underspeed warning when we get slow times. The underspeed alert is working, thought, we tested it.

Any advise?

• Baller
@ski4xtc, 5.7 engine, 50 hours, man made lake with turning islands, get to speed well before the boat gets to the 55m green buoys. Have had two Nautiques since 2008 (196 and 200), put more than 4,000 course hours in the lake with ZO on them w/o having any time issues.

• Baller

@bigtex2011, thanks for that info.

A couple of additional questions

1) You did get slow times @36 but no low speed warnings as well?

2) You were also getting fast times when a skier released before 4 @ 34?

Thanks!

• Baller
Yes, I had a weird problem where I simply could not a gps signal. Dealer had me do some trouble shooting to determine if unit was working. He talked me through it , set it up, ran it, and determined it was not the ZO head unit. We were stumped. As a final idea it was suggested to disconnect then reconnect power at battery. Fixed it! Everything back to normal. No further problems since.

• Baller
ours is a 2012. we got it new last year.. i noticed it immediately. i dont think the boat is designed to rev that high (5000+ at 36). maybe there is a rev limiter, not sure. so the new prop helped us. no problems after that, other than all the fuel the boat uses...

• Baller

@ral, I would not get to excited about full course fast times for less than full pass 34. With a heavy, short line skier, that stops at 3 ball, the boat may not respond fast enough. 16.90 would be well within tolerance for any class tournament.

Skier score Time

3 9.82

4 12.50

5 15.19 This will be what you get at a tournament.

That is one of the reasons for ABT (all buoy time) I would take @bigtex2011 advice. Try another prop.

• Baller
@ral - as it worked well during the first 35 hours I suspect it has something to do with gasoline delivery to the engine. I would start checking the gas filters. I had a problem with my low pressure pump and when I was changing it I noticed there was some debris on its entrance. I cleaned it and it is fine now, I did not have to change it.

So 36 will require more power than 34.

Maybe the extra power required may currently not available for some reason.

Engine Tune? Minor un-notice pro damage? Changes to Hull.

It was interesting last Summer, we left our boat in the lake for about 3 weeks &

had a fair amout of algae growth on the hull probably due to higher that normal water temp

& nutrients in the water.

Anyway we cleaned away what we could reach each day with shade cloth,

but still had to lift our baselines from 2890 to 3050 rpm for 34mph.

Begining of the season it was 2850 on a cleaned hull

Fairly steep increase for a slightly soiled hull.

Previously mentioned here:-

http://ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/4485/woh-baselines

Cheers

Phil