A beginner in Italy making his third ever 6@26mph/15off (Video clip)

gsm_peter

• Baller

My buddy happened to film me in my third ever full pass.

If some body are in the mood for some coaching?

Feel free to comment (but do not pick on every fault I make =0\ ) ?

It would be great if you pros can high light a vital few most important thinks to improve =0))

The coach signal (whistle) for an early edge change…

I had to struggle approx 80 runs over three seasons to get here (approx: 12+31+38 runs).

=0)

Peter

The trip

I had booked the flights and the training and really looked fw to a my first coaching session.

Unfortunately I fell backwards and cracked a few ribs in my back 4 weeks prior to the trip.

But I concluded that I am still young so the ribs will heel fast so I can ski anyway.

Obviously this was not totally true but with a little help from some pain killer and also 'a bit less powerful skiing' I could run 3 passes per day during these 4 days.

I think that 'a bit less powerful skiing' helped me to focus better on the technique.

• Baller

Hi OB

Thanks for feedback.

Do I have to much 'back foot weight' during the total run or only in the end of the turn?

(after a set I have equal pain in both legs ;)

I struggle to get handle closer to the hip. I have not found out a feeling or method how to achieve this. Does anybody have a tip?

I manage approx. 5 more full sets after the trip at home so I feel confident that I will continue to develop this season.

The goal will be full set at 28 and alt least 4 at 30 (the ski rides sort of heavy at 26).

• Supporting Member

AWESOME!

By the way, once you can complete a slalom course at any speed and rope length, you are no longer a beginner!

Personally I can't figure out hips up. I have to focus on straightening my arms and leaning my entire upper body in line with the rope. If I do that (which is a lot less frequently than I wish I did), then my hips end up looking good. If I try to move my hips, I get no where.

Everybody's body-mind connection is different, so you may need to try a few different things and see if something clicks.

• Baller

Hi all!

Thanks for comments and feedback!

This year, I do a lot of alpine skiing (GS and SL) and have learned a lot about FW position and how to be early in the gates. I think I can bring some of those feelings back into the course this summer.

Have also shaped up the training a bit more with yoga and core and bike to work and gym.

We booked already a 4 days training in same place already in June so I must start early this season.

Last season I tried a few 28 and 30 and the ski did ride much better and I felt also a bit better.

I hope I get there soon!

LeSkiAvantTout. Great goal. Keep on working.

My coach told me to just shadow the bois and then start taking them from the end.

You will then have a full passage each time and do not get disturbed by bois.