34mph 41off Chris Rossi

Horton

• Baller
white water to white water... need I say more. I see Rossi never over turns, he under turns. This allows the ski to keep moving. Something to be learned here. I for one almost always over turn, ski stops, game over. Not one of these turns is perfect, however the ski always keeps moving. Lots of space even at 41 to make an error, as long as you don't STOP the ski. What do you all think about that. Lesson learned NEVeR STOP THE SKI! Thanks for sharing this video, lots to be learned...

• Baller

@fu_man I started doing the 2hg sometime last summer. I like the connection I get turning in. @Ed_Johnson and @JC McCavit thanks for the compliments. @Wish I have always felt strong on that side. This goes with my belief that I learned wrong foot forward! @Rich I like your observation. I always try to keep the ski moving, so the Strada is designed to follow suit. By completing turns (not cutting them off by skidding or over-rotating through the last phaze of the turn), I carry more speed into the connection which means I can accelerate from a faster starting point. This creates more space on the other side of the center line to set up good turns.

• Baller
Very nice! I tried late last season to take less angle out of the ball and just hold on to it. That was a game changing moment for me in running -38. All of the sudden with what seemed like less energy and less top speed I was still feeling early and in control on the other side of the wake. Will keep working on that one seeing Chris rip that pass.

• Baller
Thanks @Razorskier1. It's not possible to come into the buoys at 41 with as much space before the buoy as we have at 32 and longer lines. I think most skiers get ahead of themselves beofre completing the turn and are trying to get too early instead of taking a more realistic/optimal path.

• Baller

@wish I like how you put it. Is he waiting? Maybe that is what he is actually doing. Think about what works. If the ski goes out in front of the skier at the completion of the turn, the skier will be able to

be closer to the center line when getting rengaged with the boat as the skier moves forward in the direction of the next ball, the angle will lesson as the skier moves in towards the center line with this technique, much greater chance for success to absorb the "hit" Skier can be stacked and ready to GO. At the ball the skier is most vulnerable to over turning, falling, stopping, ect... I wonder if Rossi actually thinks about this?? Maybe he'll answer for us. I for one have learned a valuble lesson. Thanks @wish ; another "awha" moment! Over turning is almost always the end of a pass. This technique allows the skier to continue moving & advancing to the next turn.

"I think most skiers get ahead of themselves beofre completing the turn and are trying to get too early instead of taking a more realistic/optimal path."

Thx for not mentioning my name there Chris! =-D

Great to see you gettin' R Done and hearing your advice again. Best of Luck to you in 2013! -Enjoy the Ride!

• Baller
I think the difference between 34 and 36 at 38 or shorter is between 2-3 buoys maybe 1-2 . 36 is less forgiving, at 36 you can attack more, however you have to edge change sooner at 36. There are trade offs. Bottom line short line slalom 38 39 41 is tough at any speed. At 34 @ 35 or longer the buoy difference might be more in the 4-6 range. Maybe Rossi will chime in on this also.

• Baller

@chrisrossi is so amazingly smooth from start to finish. He is looking very formidable this year. Makes me proud to ride my SenateC knowing what incredible pros are behind it!

I thought the article on the front page about Rossi going exclusively at 34 was excellent. It shows what a competitive spirit these guys truly have and that their desire to compete is amazing! The Big Dawg is only going to get better and better. I am looking forward to the next few years as these guys take the level of the Big Dawg to new heights. If only the Big Dawg had been around when Grimditch, Duvall and the other legends quit competing!!!!

• Baller
@Brady thanks for the compliments. Glad to have you riding Radar! @Chuck_Dickey my dad pushed me from behind and my right foot went forward. Thus I was from then on, right foot forward. I surf, skateboard, and snowboard left foot forward. I have tried skiing with my left foot forward and it feels pretty good. Think I ran into 34 or 36mph at 15off my first try. I have always felt better on that side even with my right foot forward.