First Rides on D3 Quest

Horton

Thinking about a new ski. I had an RCX for a short while, but it was too slow for me, compared to my Fisher at the time. So I've been on 2 Stradas in the last two years. It sounds like the Quest could be worth trying. I like the idea of a ski coming under the line easily, particularly on my offside. Can anyone compare the Strada to the Quest?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
@londonskier - the RCX was my favorite D3 ever. I agree it was not super quick but it was incredibly stable and forgiving. The Quest has some of those same traits but is MUCH quicker out of the buoy and off the 2nd wake.

• Baller
@jdarwin agree the RCX was great. I can still jump on my back-up ski (my old RCX) and ski up to very near PB level. The extra speed of my current ski has saved for me some additional passes, though, where I got to the next buoy with a chance and was able to do something with it. In those cases, my RCX would not have granted that opportunity. Sounds like the Quest is a real winner all around and may be a great combo of traditional D3 excellence with a squirt of cross course speed.

• Baller
@jdarwin and @Horton, obviously, yesterday I noticed some tip rise... So, after spending the afternoon cursing for reading setting suggestions before two important tourneys next weekend and following week, today AM I changed to 2.505. Did not want to go under that, because of the tournaments. The ski finishes faster and better, no more tip rise. As @jdarwin, at this stage I would not feel comfortable with the ski coming under quicker.

3 pg's later... Ummmm, what ever happened to good 'ol Golden Manufacturers settings? -Ha! anyone interested in buying a Tuning Guide?!?! sorry, I just couldn't resist!!! =D

All Tweaks aside, kinda sounds as though D3 has come up with a Great Ski to be reckoned with in 2013...

• Baller

@MattP - check out @bmiller3536 review above. He is a 36mph skier - deep 38. Riding my 66" demo ski currently.

@ral - we tend to be going longer with the fin. I'm with you on depth and DFT. Try going longer. Also, we're all about 1/8" ahead of stock on bindings as well. I know you don't want to "tinker" too much w/ important tournaments on the horizon but throw out all your previous conceptions of D3 fin tuning - this ski is a completely different animal from the Fusion.

• Baller

Went out today with 6.930", 2.505" and 0.766". Worked marginally better, more ski in the water.

Driver said it looked much better, did not liked it yesterday as he saw too much ski off the water (I did like it a lot, though...).