Do your kids trick?

Horton

• Baller
Oldest three events now because that's what you do when you are on a college ski team. Middle child (daughter) started tricking because she thought it looked fun when she saw her brother do it. She may pick up slalom this summer too (she heads to college in the fall).

• Baller
Kids aren't trickers....yet. I'm suprised there aren't more trickers...you don't need a ramp. You don't need a course. All you need is a stopwatch. Essentially its got all the pieces that wakeboarding does with the obnoxious factor turned WAY down....which is a plus! As well, you can do it on public water in less than ideal conditions. Two of my kids (6 and 8) just skied their 1st tourney last fall. Working on getting them through the slalom course, but I'd be suprised if one or both don't gravitate towards it eventually.

• Baller

My son 3 events he is a final year Boys 2 skier. He is pushing 1500 points and should crack 2000 points this year. Frankly jumping is his worst event due to limited access to the jump.

My daughter fools around on the trick but I would stop short of calling her a tricker.

Mine jump on my old Trick Ski once or twice a month.

I'd like to see them on it more as I think it does a lot for their

balance & dexterity on the water. Surely that's gotta be beneficial to Slalom.

Also like the fact that it can provide extra on water time with a softer touch on the fuel tank.

• Baller
We think of OA as four events - Slalom, Hands, Toes, Jump and apportion our training that way. Tricks are a really good way to keep competitive while the kids are growing into their slalom/jump bodies.

One thing I learnt a long time ago,

When you you do release for an A Grade trick skier, you very quickly develop

a HUGE appreciation for their talent, and even more so their ability to recover

from those unrecoverable situations.