One Handed or Two Handed Gate Vs LFF or RFF?

popof

Let's keep these Polls rolling! Now that we know about all of your habits, let's have a look at the correlation between the gates and the foot forward.

Someone said on the other thread that RFF skiers might use one handed gate more often. In my opinion it would indeed make sense, but been neither a one handed gate guy, nor a RFF alien, I couldn't tell really ;)

Soooo here we go.

• Baller
Some very smart guys told me LFFs have a hard time getting the ski turned and and building cross course angle, leading to skiing at 1 ball and slam dunking the 1st turn. Since going out hard at the 55s and 1 handing it my 1 ball is much more relaxed.

I'm LFF too. The trouble with going out hard at the 55's is that you wake up ZO and the boat will then be on you at the turn in. I also used to favour this approach, but now I like to be a little more gentle in the pull out, keep two hands on during a short glide, then turn in with back arm pressure. For me it's that pressure and getting the ski on edge that creates an early one ball. I still like the 1 handed gate because you get more speed at the turn in, but it was just a bit inconsistent and I often found I went through the middle of the gate, not the right side.

• Baller
I am a RFF skier and used a one handed gate for 6 seasons, up until midseason last year, and I swithched back to a two handed gate. I am pretty sure this is where I will stay. I think it lets me ease into a more progressive, powerful position and I feel more consistent.