Fellow skier hospitalized by a drunk driver on Easter Sunday

webbdawg99

• Baller

Shawn Eaton is a M2 skier out of Idaho. He owns a towing business. Yesterday, while working an accident, he was struck by a drunk driver on the side of the road. The driver fled the scene but was later apprehended. They are keeping Shawn in a coma as he has some serious head injuries. Shawn and his wife Tiffany have 2 children.

Please keep Shawn and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

And please remember, don't drink and drive!!!

• Baller
Sounds like Shawn has made some good progress today. According to posts on his FB page, he woke up and was able to hug his wife this afternoon. CAT scan results show small bruises on his brain and that the spinal fluid is slowly going away. Wishing him a speedy recovery!

• Baller
I've known Shawn thru skiing tournaments in Montana for quite a few years now and have been kept abreast of his progress thru mutual friends that late yesterday Shawn woke up and recognized his wife. Today he has been talking but is a little disoriented as he thought he was in Texas but he's actually in ND. He does remember certain things but I guess the Docs are still monitoring him closely since he sustained such a violent blow! Last I heard was he had no broke bones, can't confirm that for sure though. Keep praying for him as he's not out of the woods yet!

• Baller

This was posted by Shawn's sister on his Facebook page if anyone would like to help:

"Thank You so much for your love and support you have shown towards my brother Shawn Eaton and Tiffany Russ Eaton. It has been a tough few days but Shawn is strong and progressing. Through all this, the medical bills have piled up though life flight and the ICU. So we have came to ask of our friends, family and buisnesses to reach out and donate what they can to help Shawn and his family. They are expecting a baby boy in the next few weeks and will need all the help they can recieve! If you can donate, you can send it to Eaton Towing @ 335 S. Emerson Shellley, ID 83274 or drop of at any Bank of Commerce branch in Shelley or idaho falls under Shawn Eaton donations. The Eaton Family thank you for your prayers and love. Please like and share this if you would."

• Baller
But how about a happy update! It appears that Shawn's recovery has been going very well. He left the hospital in mid-April. And just a few weeks later, Shawn and his wife welcomed their third child into this world. Hoping to see Shawn back on the water very soon!

• Members

I am a close friend of Shawn's and had the the opportunity to spend some time with him a Couple weekends ago. It is miraculous that he is even alive. Even though he was able to leave the hospital Shawn has a long road ahead of him.

Still praying for ya Shawn

Dave Lemons

• Baller
Some of you may remember this post from almost 3 years ago. A few weeks ago, Shawn was involved in ANOTHER terrible accident while working for his family's tow truck business. Shawn was again hospitalized and in critical condition. Unfortunately, he did not make it out this time. Shawn leaves behind a wife and 3 children.