Camaro Products

I recently bought a Camaro impact vest for the summer and found that the sizing on the vest was roughly 2 sizes smaller (L on the website was listed as 38 1/2" were vest shows 37") than listed on the website. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? It will be an easy exchange courtesy of miamiskinautique but made me question about sizing for their wetsuits as I was also looking to get the new blacktec. I'm 6 ft, 180 lb, so if anyone's close to that and is using the camaro wetsuits I'd love to hear what size your using? There is also no were in Ontario to go try these on that I know of which is why I'm trying to reduce the amount of back and forth shipping that I have to do.

Thanks for the input.

• Baller

I'm 6'2" 195. I'm using a large impact vest. Camaro recommended a xl, I had gotten a xl eagle and had to exchange it. I'm glad I went with the large, would not want it any looser. I do use my old eagle vest with the wetsuit because it stretch more and I don't need the extra floatation with the wetsuit.

My Neil pride wetsuit is a LT (large tall). I was looking at the camaro wetsuit and there was not a LT available back in the fall when I was looking. My eagle shorty is a large.

I was told the Camaro stretch and form better. I was thinking of replacing my shorty with a light full or shorty camaro so I'm interested in the responses here. @waterskigirl

• Baller
Miamiskinautiques.com has always taken great care of my slaloming and boat needs! In a skiing emergency they've even offered to stay late or open on their day off, just an awesome crew!!!

Anyone in need of a Camaro Impact vest size 2XL please let me know. I bought it last fall and have used it twice, works great. Over the winter I worked out hard and lost 20 pounds and it's now too big. I intend to get an XL when I sell this one. email me at crdickey at hotmail.com if you're interested.

Impact sizing is difficult to determine because it comes down to personal preference. Also suit sizing and vest sizing is quite different. I attached our size chart which works best for our suits. Most skiers with an average/athletic build wear a vest that is one or even two sizes smaller than their normal suit size. Disregard the size chart printed inside the vest it is set too high. Most skiers want their vest to be really tight but some skiers want their vest to be really really tight. I am 5'10" 175 lbs 39" chest, I always thought a medium Impact vest is best for me but I tried a small for the first time today, and I was surprised to find that it fits better than the medium. Having the vest tight is better for impact protection, but too tight can be a bad thing. @Dscholfield I think that you would be an XL in Blacktec, but could wear an L Modetec suit. Depending on your preference you could use a Large or medium impact vest. As with all garment fitting it is difficult to say without trying the item on. We are hoping to have vests in Canada shortly! Thanks for the interest Ballers!

• Baller
Robbie asked me to write my impressions of the suit, so, briefly......Today was my first use of the shorty blacktec. 5'10, 160lbs. I bought the large because that was all that was available. The suit was warmer than my old long wetsuit. Very warm and very flexible. I plan on getting the long blacktec when it is available as I am pretty sure it wll be at least as warm as my dry suit, maybe warmer, and way more flexible,.... for late fall... It fit well, tight in the chest back and waist. Even sk might size down though we'll see. Very satisfied with the product.

• Baller
An additional comment, with me, the Camaro size chart would put me in a medium if I go by height and weight, but if I go with chest and waist size, it puts me in a large. That's why I would still be tempted to try a medium even though the large feels like it fits fine. It feels tight on the torso, (which is where the warmth is needed), but also feels like it could be a little tighter on the arms and legs.

• Baller
58 dgr air. 61dgr water. 15mph north wind. Everybody else was huddled inside in front of the fireplace, but I was out running buoys, warm and comfortable, thanks to my 1ml black tec shorty from camaro. This thing is awesome.

So I finally got my vest back, the 2xl was a good choice, it fits great. With enough room to go up or down in weight(in the midsection @kona). Although I'd probably say for anyone looking to get the vest it will encourage you to hit the gym or lake a bit more frequently. Either way the fit is incredibly good, and I can't wait to see how the material holds up.

I have got the camero titanium 2mm long suit and I have worn that all winter in England and been soo comfy and happy, wearing the 0.5mm shorty as well and I don't think I will be going back to anything else any time soon. The shorty is rather tight however.

• Baller

@waterskigirl Maybe yuo know more?

??? I find three different 2mm Camaro longsuites ???

Camaro Open Cell Wesuit - 2mm

http://robbysskishop.com/camarospeedskinmensshorty-1-1-1.aspx

Camaro Titanium Open Cell Overall Waterski Wesuit - 2mm

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/camaro-titanium-open-cell-overall-waterski-wesuit-2mm-for-men~p~5764m/

Camero titanium 2mm long suit

No longer available

What is the difference?

SIERRA IS VERY CHEAP TODAY....

• Baller
@waterskigirl -- might like the blacktec shorty. My titanium is nice, but the coating has rubbed off under the arms and it isn't as warm now. Not sure about size. I am 6ft, 195lbs. Can't recall what size the titanium long-sleeved shorty is. What is the price?