Ideal oil pressure

WBLskier

• Baller
I finally it the boat in last night. Like every spring I worry I screwed something up. I have a 98 malibu echelon with the monsoon 325 hp efi engine. Does anyone know what the ideal range is for oil pressure? It was running at about 65 or even a little higher. That seems higher than I recall it being but who knows. It ran like a top so no indication of any problems. Can anyone set my mind at ease? Thanks.

• Baller_
I don't know how many times I have had to hook up a known reasonably accurate gauge on an engine because either the oil pressure seemed off or a water temp gauge seemed weird. bottom line is that the analog gauge on the dash is just that a gauge, Not an instrument. I keep a mechanical oil pressure test set up to check oil pressure under these type of issues also a quality water temp gauge on a remote gauge panel. The oil pressure alarm switch is set at 6 psi (? I believe ), idle I like to see at least 15 psi 20 is better. WOT 45-60 psi depending on the engine max rpm. I have seen many an old campaigner idle at 8-10 psi,30 psi at ski speeds and run like a champ!