Anywhere to ski around Wilmington, NC

Ajskier

• Baller

Hello All,

I am going to be spending Memorial Day weekend in Wilmington, NC and was wondering if there was anywhere close by that I might be able to catch a set or two. I will be getting in late Friday and leaving on Monday. I appreciate the help in advance.

Thank you,

Aaron

• Baller
there is a private ski lake in Wilmington, NC. They do not ski tourneys but it is a nice private ski lake with a course and some Nautiques. I think they do a lot of barefooting so the owner may have increased the distance of the lake. Tried to find their website, apparently it's down. It runs parallel along Interstate 40. Sorry, I cannot remember the name of the owner.

• Baller
Well AWSA didn't turn up anything either. Anyone else know of anywhere around the Wilmington area that I might be able to catch a ride. Would hate to go all of Memorial day weekend without getting a set in.

• Baller
Look on the google earth map (link on the home page). Sorry I don't have a contact number for the lake in Wilmington but if you see where it is on the map you can always drop in on Friday to see if there's any time over the weekend.

Did anyone ever find out about skiing in Wilmington, I am a 57 yr young -32 off skier from Fla. stuck here in Wilmington, needing a pull. I visited the lake in Murrayville (gates were locked) any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Baller
@ramskr, sorry I wasn't able to locate the people that Ham mentioned. When I was driving home on 40, I did see a cable park that wasn't to far from Wilmington. You might give them a shout to see if they know anyone that might be able to give you a pull. Sorry I couldn't help you out.