Masters Results - need missing years

TomD

Anyone have full results for the Masters for the following years which we are missing at BOS?

1983 (25) - 1994 (35)

And 1959 (1) – 1963 (5)

Hoping for results that show slalom: #buoys/rope/speed/place, Trick: points/place and Jump: distance/place

Thanks

• Baller
Thanks TomD, whoever you are, for your work. Someone who is in the mid-Florida area could take a day trip to the library at the AWSEF Museum and look all that up. Which I'd be willing to do, but I'm in NH now. Most/all would be in the WaterSkier magazines, although I'm not sure about 1959. The early years, pre-1974 would not be on the metric course, although at the Masters, they introduced the shortened endgates before they became official in the Rules. Other early years would have had shortline at 12off, 18off, 24off, etc. The Masters also experimented with the 5 1/2 foot ramp, way before it became official (for Men2 in 1973). To my knowledge, the famous picture of Joe Cash throwing an enormous spray around #5 ball at 24 off was when they first introduced the experimental shortened endgates.

• Baller

Sent to me from Terri Schneider (senior marketing & communications coordinator)

***see attached word document*** (let me know if you can't open the file and I can email it to you)

I know this doesn't contain scores, however, Jen Abel (masters event coordinator) said the ALL the information would be at the Marketing Vault at corporate headquarters. She will look into it when she goes to corporate office in a week or so.

Hopefully this helps a little bit.

• Baller
a lady at the AWSEF Museum said those detailed records would be in their attic. Someone taking a trip to the museum might run into a snag as I doubt they would allow someone in their attic... but who knows! She is supposed to be calling me back in a couple days. Stay tuned.

• Baller

The Sligh Library at the AWSEF Museum should be open to any serious researcher. Probably no Beavis and Butthead types, however. That is on the main floor, in a separate room, and should have all the old Water Skier magazines. Just treat them with care, as some have no duplicates.

Yes, in the attic, there may be old scorebooks, but in the early times, the Water Skiers tended to carry full results of the Masters.