Help

• Baller

One of my passes today. A month ago I finally ran the course at 26mph. Now I'm at 32mph.

I know that my body position isn't great. My one handers are weak too.

If my main issue is body position (being stacked), let me know. But if there's anything else that's holding me back, please point it out.

I love you guys. Much appreciation for all your past advice. It really has helped me progress this season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaJXyTT14J8

• Baller
That is great progress in a short time. With that camera it is tough to see a lot that is going on. The one thing I would say is that you don't have nearly enough width at the gates. You need to be much wider. That will give you better width at 1 ball and make the whole pass much easier.

• Baller

Watch this video of Seth Stisher running 15 off and see how much further outside the whitewater Seth is. It is too bad the camera isn't zoomed out a little so you could see the angle of the rope on the boat.

@aswinter05, I agree with @KcSwerver on width for the "out". As far as being early for the gates, I used to think it helped my pass, but now it works better for me to try and make the gates...if I try, and I m a little early, fine, don't give up angle to make the gate, but try. That seems to help my timing and pendulum, and I seem to get just as much width. I found that if I am too early, I am bleeding off too much speed, and it is actually screwing up my pass. Just my 2cents. Good luck.

• Baller

Cool. As my wife and I were watching our sets on video yesterday, we both realized that whenever we were WAY early to the gates, it completely threw off our one ball and affected the rest of our pass. Like you said @bogboy , bleeding off too much speed.

I'm sure this has been said in a thread before, but while we're on the topic right here.... what's a good reference point at 32 mph? Also what's a good reference point at 28 mph? I think I've heard to wait until the gates are even with the bow of the boat or with the windshield of the boat. Is it different for everyone?

@aswinter05, reference point for the "in" is one of the many things I am working on. I am looking over to the boat towards the end of my glide, and starting my "in" about when the boat is about half way through the entrance gates, or maybe a little before that. It's kind of a touchy dance though, because I can't force my "in", or I will get a jerky gate to one ball. I guess that's the fun thing about learning and trying to improve.

• Baller
The way to figure it out is to forget about the gate and concentrate on a good solid lean at the right angle. If you miss the gate by 2 ft, then next pass move your turn in point down. Rinse and repeat until you get the right line and lean and make the gate.

• Baller
Try the left hand boat gate and the #1 bouy as the turn in point. When they line up from your wide glide start in. That reference will never vary unlike boat to boat references which change depending on company and model.