38 Went Down Today!!

A_B

• Baller
No scramble. Straight up played my ball in stroke play. Me and our Operations Manager were on our way home from a strategic planning meeting and stopped in for a quick 9. I used to score like that about 20 years ago, but played a lot. Just got in a groove and was hitting 'em flush. Hey, if I can't feel good from skiing, have to get it somewhere else!

• Baller

You bet I was! The guy I was playing with just had meniscus surgery a few weeks ago and was not up for it. Played yesterday and back to the normal up and down nature of my game.

The only way I got into low numbers before was joining a range and practicing. A few weeks ago, I had 5 pars and shot 44, so I know the capability is there. I don't practice much, so I think I just got in the groove and was able to enjoy the moment.

When I was looking at the 38, I figured I would have some fun on BOS with it.

• Baller
For me 38 goes down way more often in golf than it does skiing. Actually 35 has gone down in golf for me too many times to count but I am still waiting for my first 35 off on the water. I can say 32 off has gone down more times on the water than on the golf course where it has happened once.

• Baller
I have shot a few 36's and 37's but they don't relate to skiing. Those were a long time ago, as was my 35 and 38's on water. My average golf score now has been subject to much debate if it can ever be run on water. And then there are days I know my golf score won't ever be run on water!

• Baller

@OB, spoken like a true younger person! I felt the same way years ago, and when my playtime became limited, I chose skiing anyday, anytime, and my golf scores went up, but can still play to enjoy it (most of the time)...

If I hadn't been so successful building my COM, I probably would still be running out to ski any chance I get. Knees, shoulder, and hand issues are hurting both pursuits, but at least after golf I can still walk around without looking like Festus..

• Baller
Golf is a great game and I still love it. I pretty much gave it up when my little guy took an interest in skiing and tournaments. When I play I love it but I don't miss it too much because I am spending time on the water or at tournaments with my son. I will play more again in the future right now I am a 10-20 rounds a year guy mostly for work. I am capable of shooting just about anything from par to +10 depending on how I am hitting it on any given day.