Coefficient X standard layup - first impressions

• Baller

Been on this ski 5 times now (only twice in good water with the correct boot) and have to say that I really think it was a great choice for the type of skiing I do. I'm a 30-32 mph, 15 or 22 off open water guy but am a real lightweight who skis in really rough water at times and therefore was not interested in the wide ride stuff. Coming off of a 15 year old Concept I had no idea what to really expect. The offside turn is pure joy, and the shapes of the turns on both sides are just a ton of fun. It seems like this ski forces me to use better technique. If you try to overload the rear foot, nothing happens and you're dead in the water. It really forces you to get the weight more balanced and once you do, it holds the edge really nice through the wakes. Where the Concept would explode into a Z turn if you poured the coal to it, the Co-X smooths it out into a solid, predictable S and has a seemingly wide margin of error. It gives the impression of being heavy and deep in the turns, but in a good way and without a lot of effort.

Of course, as anyone knows who has been on one, the carryout is best described as "holy sh**"...

• Baller
We're you using the stock fin assembly that only has adjustment for distance from tail? I swapped mine out for a proper fully adjustable fin box since the stock fin was not close to factory settings. Since last season was spent screwing around with a binding change I hope this year I can figure out what I can do on the CoX. Good to see a few others on the standard layup CoX.

• Baller
Yes, stock fin that only has three positions. It's in the center hole. Left the wing on and at the setting that came out of the box. I don't know the first thing about fin adjustment so it's best I don't touch it and focus more on the skier...

• Baller
Agree with that but like to have manufacturer settings. Might have to throw the stock one back on to get the numbers off it. From memory it's deeper and the length is shorter than the numbers I got from HO.