ADVICE

KevFug

• Baller
Brand new to the site. Just getting back into skiing after 12 years off. Just moved into a private lake and bought an older Malibu Sunsetter. I was above average, attempted the course a couple of times, but mostly free ski. Im 5'8", 200 lbs and was looking at the Connelly Outlaw, HO Freeride, and found a good deal on a Radar Theory. I like the look of the Theory but was wondering about easy starts. Can anybody help???? Thanks, Kev

• Baller

I was looking at a 67, was hoping to drop a couple pounds, but I think it would be pretty good, my son weighs in at 165 and wants to crossover from the wakeboards. Found a brand new Theory on Ebay for $299 with bindings, free shipping. Never heard of Radar before I started my research, but very impressed so far?????

• Baller
Bought a 2012 Radar Theory 67" at the start of this season and love it. The boots are comfortable and very adjustable with the elastic laces. I am just starting to run the slalom course, and it has been a help because it is quick thru the course but also ez to get up on (and when you are just learning the course...) I had an Outlaw. It was also super ez to get up on, but, in my opinion, it didn't have the same performance.

• Baller

@KevFug. I think @eddie_roberts_jr advice is very sound. The other advice I would give is what I learned--and I am new to short line skiing as of last summer. Start at slower speeds and work on your technique. It is much easier to learn the proper stacked position at a slower speed than at the faster speeds. I had to swallow my pride, and slow my arse down and I have been improving super fast!

Also, let me be the first to welcome you to this awesome site. It is made up of a bunch of passionate skiers who literally eat drink and sleep slalom

• Baller
Thanks a bunch, I appreciate the advice and the support. Before i pulled the trigger I wanted to gather as much info as possible. Didnt want to buy a 4x8 sheet of plywood, but dont want to get something that when I get tired I cant get up, or cruise and have fun. Very cool site, foun a decent price on a 2012 HO Freeride too????

• Baller
You are making a great decision and always trust in Eddie's advice... I jumped on one last year in the course and thought it was a really nice ski for what you are looking at. Even if you decide to upgrade as you get back into it, it is the perfect ski to have at your house for friends that want to learn.