sixam vs strada

ToddF

Since the start of this ski season (30 sets) my wife has been on her new pink strada 66' Didn't run the course once was ready to be done skiing forever. (happy wife happy life)

So I switched bindings back to her chipped, faded, and scratched up sixam. Now she is back running 22 off, yes in one day two sets.

I am at a total loss to explain this,

She hates the blue ski because it looks ugly, and loves the pink one because it isn't.

I guess I need to find a new sixam.

• Baller
@toddf I have 2 new 66" and 4 new 64" Sixam 2.0s left. Both sizes are the blue top (2008 model skis) so she won't like the look but will love the way they ski. Last year I tried several of the new latest and greatest skis including the Strada and ended up back on the Sixam so I can definitely relate to her experience.

It is an odd deal, she says she likes the strada, but can't ski on it, last year she was getting into 3 or 4 at 28 off fairly regularly. And looked like that again with the sixam.

@inboardfix I might be getting a new one for her soon.

I would still like to figure out why she has lost basically 1,5 rope lengths on the the ski?

Isn't Emma Sheers still riding a Sixam SS???

The Sixam is a great ski - my wife is also riding a Blue Sixam 2.0, though she has a RADAR Lyric binding, so that makes it look a little 'girly'.

• Baller
@ToddF you need to get her the 65.5" O'Brien Endo, she'll love it and never go back to her Sixam. The Endo's are very good super underrated skis, in the last two weeks have gotten 5 people on it in various sizes and they are all skied better than their previous skis, 2 have run practice PB's within the first 4 sets, one has starting running 35 consistently again after more than a 1 1/2 years and it is showing a much higher average buoy count of at lease 3-4 buoys

• Baller
@jayski my elite went flying off my car at 80 mph on the highway, so I'm in the market for a new ski. Is there much difference between the endo and the elite? Went form Sixam ss to the elite and was contemplating trying something different.

• Baller

@jwr depends on the size and when you bought your Elite, the 67" Endo has been reworked totally from the Elite. The 65.5" and 68" were reworked for the final year of the 'Elite" line and the Endo uses the same mold currently for those sizes, however they are getting massaged heavily in line with the 67" design.

what size you looking for? The Endo is by far substantially better than the Elite in all sizes, they ski much better, create tons of space and are more forgiving

• Baller

@jwr the 68 is nice, it is too big for me 6'1" 173lb, but rode it a couple times and ran through 35 so works but the 67 works better for me, there is a couple team skiers on the 67 who weigh around the 200 mark and like it, where are you located at?