Slalom ski advice

Badgerfb5

I've been skiing on and off since learning behind a Bayliner with a 50hp Force in 1987 (makes me truly appreciate current technology). We recently purchased a lake cabin in Northern MN and I want to upgrade to a decent slalom ski and need some advice. I'm an intermediate skier that wants to deep water start without drinking a gal. of lake water and carve tight turns while free skiing behind a 19 ft Sea Ray with a 190hp I/O and a ski pylon. I'm 6'1" and 200. Ski 28-30 mph.

@Badgerfb5, I know I have said this before, but at your level, you can't go wrong with the 69" 2012, or 2013 triumph. great for free skiing, and fantastic for learning the course. Then, with more experience,you can decide on an upgrade, although an upgrade may not be needed for some time. There are similar skis as well.

Btw, during a great lesson with wade cox a couple weeks ago, we were discussing capability level, and skis, with another beginning course skier there, and he looked at my ski (above), and said he could run 39 off with it. He sure is a fun, good coach.

• Baller

Radar Theory is also a great ski.

Slightly larger than the Triumph.

Even the Radar P6 will get you through the corse at short line at this speed.

Vector is a really comfortable binding.

Best luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Hey gmorning just read what bogboy said bout Wade when he's not traveling i get to ski with him during the week at his lake in orl. yes he is fun and a great coach very patience loves to tell stories about his adventures in the skiing world. He has helped me out tremendously. Glad you got a chance to ski with him

• Baller

Congrats to the P6.

What bindings did you chose?

Great that you plan and get coaching.

Consider if you prefere to stay with a few coaches or get more opinions?

I Personally prefere a few coaches that follow my progress a bit closer.

I hope they are better to identify what is most important just now.

Please keep us posted?