Friends debate a joint 200 or TXI purchase

Dacon62

• Baller

I'm a Malibu guy my ski buddy is a Nautique guy.

We both own a boat but are considering selling both of them and purchasing a boat together as we ski together 95% of the time.

We are both fussy boat keepers and have similar views on maintenance and care.

Looking at a very gently used 200 or TXI.

We both normally slalom at 15/22/28 off on a smaller lake with an annual families trip to a larger lake where more room and higher freeboard are an asset.

Assuming the wakes are similar I think the overall edge goes to the Malibu for roominess, versatility (wedge), higher freeboard, etc.

What do you ballers say...

• Baller

Join the FVWSC and keep your current boat. Even if you join as a casual member and pay a little higher per set price, you will love it! You'll get a new 2013 Nautique 200 and have a great site to ski on (Although Hatsick is probably nice as well). Or you could get, dare I say it............ a bigger inboar designed to pull those that feet face a different way.........

Just a thought

• Baller
While fuel consumption is only one of the multitude of items to consider when purchasing a boat it is a factor. In another post someone mentioned that they had run a TXI and a 200 for the same amount of hours and had tracked the fuel consumption and if memory serves the TXI used about 1/3 less over the considerable time frame measured. Anyone know where to find that comment?

• Baller
After owning CC's for 20 years I couldn't be happier with the last two TXI's I have had. 25 to 30% less fuel, equal or better quality, drives unbelievable and cost less. Not sure what else to say. Ohh, and I don't need a 6L to make it perform like it should.