I want to ski overall!

liquid d

• Baller

I need some of you men 4 skiing this weekend to ski overall! ( I don't think you have to ride over the jump). I'm bubble boy to ski the Nats in all 3. Never thought of doing it! Until the last week or 2. I only have 2 tourneys in scorebooks and can't go anywhere this weekend--so I'm subject to a penalty of 5% on my points.

So, if a few Men 4 who haven't skied (or don't ski) overall do it this week, I can move up 1% and be included in all the festivities ( I Think)...not really sure how this whole "overall" thing works...haha!

• Baller

@liquid d I can't see the whole Southern Regionals score book but it looks like there were 8 M4 skiers who skied overall. If you finished in the top 5 overall you'd be qualified.

If not, the overall cut-off score for M4 is 2065.1 NOPS points. Which means you'd need to score 2066 NOPS points between now and the Nationals to qualify (if you didn't finish in the top five).

Adding 1% to your score isn't going to push you into Level 8 so you'd have to do it on the water.

Adding more people to the mix isn't going to help at this point since the cut-off score is already established.

• Baller

How is it you only need level 7? Nationals requirement is level 8 for any event or overall.

And I understand the levels are determined by the percentials of participants nationwide. But the ranking levels were frozen 3 weeks before the start of Nationals.

Go to http://www.usawaterski.org/rankings/View-StandingsHQ.asp?pvar=National and click on the "NCQ" link on the far right next to your name. It will tell you what the cut-off scores are and where your average and best scores are relative to the cut-off.

• Baller

@liquid d Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work that way. The Cut-off Average is established on the Thursday 3 weeks before nationals (July 18th this year). The only way to get in after that date is to improve your scores on the water or place in the top 5 at regionals.

Unfortunately, your request needed to go out about a month ago.

My ski buddy is in your exact same position in M5 and has experienced much confusion on this topic this week. At one point this week as the scores came in he actually moved up to level 8, but his scores are below the COA and he still doesn't qualify. From his discussions with HQ, there seem to be a group of inactive skiers that only start skiing tournaments after the Cut-off Date that don't increase the number of level 8 skiers qualified for nationals.