Age of your primary ski machine.

Jody_Seal

• Baller

@Wish - I don't see building any more ski lakes in my future. I swore the one I already built would be the last. Since we seem to be splitting the poweball winnings, I'll fly out in my private jet to ski with you though.

Sorry for the thread hijack...

@MISkier do the zbox boats lock into the speed better than pp without zbox? My only complaint is that Mine locks in great at 34 mph but at 30 mph it sometimes searches around until I find the right combination of crew wt, n/+/++, skier wt etc. if zbox would fix the problem I would buy it.

• Baller
2007 RLxi - have to guestimate that it has about 600 hours, since I have had 2 ECU's go bad (lost the voltage output for the PP). Still looks almost new and runs like new. Hope to upgrade to TXi in year or so.

• Baller_
@crashman, I've only driven the Zbox a little bit. It's lock in is probably similar to StarGazer, which is tougher to lock in than PP Classic. However, Zbox eliminates actual weight adjustment, except for maybe a few broad categories on the skier such as normal, light, feather, and heavy (not their actual names). So, there may be less fiddling with that stuff and more consistent lock in with Zbox. Zbox needs a smooth throttle up. I don't think you can get away with ramming the throttle down and pulling back, which can be problematic in all speed controls. You can't floor it either. The best way is to push the throttle to a certain amount beyond what is required to get the boat to the desired speed, but not overshoot too much, and leave it there. It's all in the throttle up. Once you get practiced at throttling up, the pull is good.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.