Looking for Wayne Grimditch jump skis

The_MS

• Baller

I have a pair of white with a red & blue stripes - EP Jump Skis - no idea of the year.

They do not have Wayne's name on them.

They are 66" cord measure (straight tip to tail- on top) - 67" +/- if measured around the bottom curve of the tip.

Lightly used.

Bought them on eBay some years ago to screw around with... skied once or twice just jumping the wake no ramps while in my possession.

Let me know if interested and I'll take some pictures.

• Baller
@ms The old short EP's are perfect to teach on, and hard to find in good shape. Jump on getting them if you get a chance. (No pun inteded) Beware of falling into the trap of 80 inch plus skis for kids going less than 75 feet.

• Baller

Sammy Duvall Kidder jumpers might be worth a look. They are short and a bit wider. Easy landings. Not too heavy. Careful, some old Kidders are a bit skinny and not as much fun. Weight seems to matter a lot.

The EPs are good too.

3 event rocks.

Eric

• Baller
@ms The ep jumpers that I have are the Wayne Grimditch version. I think they were also known as Gstar. The older EP's are the same skis. No, mine are not for sale. The edges and bottoms are perfect and my son last jumped on them when he was about 11 or 12. He went about 80 feet on them. Now on 90 inch D3 and going much further. LOL Good times. I know Scott Greenwood had a pair that were older than mine and don't think thet were the Grimditch version, Not sure if he still has them or not. Sam was riding them about the same time my son was on his. Good luck finding exactly what you are looking for.

• Baller

@ntx I have to disagree with the advice about longer skiers for jumpers that aren't going that far. I had my son on a set of older 72" Kidders and frankly he struggled on them never going much more than 50 feet. He borrowed a set of 80" Goodman's last year and looked better on them immediately. In the fall I called Ron Goodman and told him about my son and sent him some jump video and he recommended a set of 84" skis which I had him build. My son's jumping improved tremendously and he is going over 70 feet now.

I know that kids can jump far on older smaller jumpers but his 84s are no heavier than the 72" Kidders he was on and he looks much more comfortable on them and he says the landings are much easier.

All of this is presented with the disclaimer that I am not a jumper and don't know a ton about it but I do know that my son jumped much better on his new skis than he ever did on the old ones.

• Baller

@chef23 Glad you are seeing good results. I think that it is skier to skier thing. A b2 skier, getting ready for b3, if he has good fundamentals is probably ok on 80. A nine or ten year old girl, should not be on 80 for her first ride overs in my mind.

Looks like @ms is getting good advice on finding old grimditch skis.

My concern is with a inproper landing that does knee damage to young skiers that get out of balance. I am sure that many will come on here and call bs, I just know what worked for us.

Do you buy a new 62 inch A3 to teach someone to run the mini-course, (with power shell bindings.

Match the ski to the ability of the skier. I bet Jay Bennett has short skis and a short ramp to teach beginners.

• Baller_

Chef - how old and how much does your son weigh? If he's 14 and 140 lbs, I can see the 80's helping (but don't necessarily agree with the size). If he's 10 and 80 lbs, I think he would be better off riding and learning to control much shorter skis.

I see a lot of kids out there with really long skis that have not learned to properly control them. They may go farther in the short term, but are not learning the fundamentals. Very short-sighted just to gain a few more feet.

I always have to stop and think that there were guys going over 200 ft on 72" skis and now kids barely 3/4 cutting need the surfboards. I'm all in favor of technology improvements, but you gotta have a sanity check in there somewhere.

My $0.02

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller

Last year my son was 5'2 140 and now he is 5'8" 160 and headed to boys 3. I get your point about skiers going 200 on 72s but I am not sure I buy that logic. I learned to run the course on a Northland Bantam but hat doesn't mean my kids didn't learn faster on a wider ski that floated them better. If you can get a kid on liter skis that are easier to ski on and can afford it (which is a big issue) I think it makes sense. Those Kidders were heavy. I wouldn't have sprung for the skis right away but I wish I had done it a year sooner.

On a different note @Bruce_Butterfield if you have a Boys 2 jumper I sat next to your wife during jump at Nationals.

• Baller

Here are some pictures of the Jump Skis -I think that they are sold?

But I also have some EP Ariels if anybody is interested - never been used by me. There is some repaired damage to the bottom of the left ski. Repair made with West System epoxy but not sanded out.

Water%20Skis%20for%20sale%20(file%3A//HPLAPTOP-2/Users/Otis%20Glazebrook/Dropbox/Photos/Water%20Skis%20for%20sale)

• Baller
@otisg Wow they are in great shape. I think they are a few years older than the pair that I have. You should have NO problem selling them at a pretty good price. If I did not have a pair slightly newer, I would buy them and put them into storage for the day that I may have grandkids. They are what @ms needs to start with. Perfect to teach a 9 or 10 year old girl!!!!!