Who's off to M4 (or other divisions)?

Than_Bogan

• Supporting Member

I thought I'd amuse myself with the usual post-Nationals ranking increase that hits M3 because people graduate into M4 but the incoming M2 guys don't have scores at 34 yet.

That actually doesn't seem to have happened yet -- not sure when it does.

But it made me click on a few folks and it looks to me like both @Horton and @OB are off to M4? True?

Whose changing divisions? Anybody already practicing a new speed and have comments?

• Baller_

Was so wanting to stay in M3 one more year. Especially after Nationals. Stupid 5 ball. There has never been a pass that I wanted back more then that one. Funny thing was, I was the last skier on the TurnPike lake and when I saw the boat coming back to me at ball 5 and then slow down, I was ecstatic thinking "I get another shot"!!!!!. Then reality set in seconds later and realized they were headed to the judges tower....dang it. So M4 for me. And holy crap do I need some serious winter training. Those boys can frign ski.

I feel bad for my daughter going into Girls3. OW ratings in something like the top 8 girls. That's nuts. What a huge jump. But, she will still see her steady climb up the numbers and percentages. That is if she stays somewhat hooked. Still hoping the bug catches her.

• Baller

@MattP I have to admit it scared me a little the first time I pulled him at 36 but he said it was fun. I skipped skiing from 23-37 so when I came back it was at 34 mph.

I am not that happy about all these young guns coming into M4. It is hard enough to qualify for Nationals with it being 5@35 off if it slides into 38 off I might never qualify.

• Baller

Unfortunately for me, I am no threat to anyone whether moving out of or into a new division...so nobody worry, but (again unfortunately) I have skied my last M5 tournament and my next one will be M6...oh well...I am alive and healthy enough to do it...quite a priveledge...

• Supporting Member

Woah. I didn't notice all the awesome skiing by the Eastern region guys! Nice placement for Lex. And 3.5 @ -38 for Don Nichols is near his lifetime best!! He has really stepped up the last few seasons. For a lot of years he was typically a place or two behind me in Regionals, but now he's kicking all kinds of ass!

And that's good skiing by Scotty, too, who is sort of from the Eastern Region.

And finally, Darin was in the east for quite a while, and was around my level during most of that time. But then he took off (both literally and figuratively) and left us in the dust. Pretty sure that's his first Nationals podium, so hats off to him!!

• Baller
I am moving up to Men 4 since I turn 45 in November. It looks like the competition is going to get tougher moving up to Men 4 for me especially in slalom. Going for the hat trick of 3 regionals in a row. 2012 was my first full season of competing. If I can get the time off at work I may take a stab at the Ohio State Championships next summer. I have been skiing at the PA State Championships since it is closer to home and to where I ski. Two tournaments coming up for me at Dave's Pond in Edinboro PA. 2 rounds of trick and 5 rounds of slalom in two days. That is going to be brutal..

• Baller_

I pulled the men 2 on the turnpike lake at nationals. I heard probably 4 or 5 skiers comment after their first pass that it would be their last 36 mph tournament. hopefully their will be double the skiers moving into the division.

@OB I hope you get your rating for MM, your post above was right on the money! We did not get away to have that cold Beer!

• Baller_

@horton - I think you've still got one more season in M3, because right now you"re age 44 and the 2014 sanction #'s have begun since it's after Nationals, if you entered a tournament today you'd still be a M3 skier and would stay in M3 until the next Nationals ?

We need guidance from @oneskimom, where's Richelle when we need her ?

• Baller

@richarddoane it's based on your age on January 1, 2014. Since @horton will be 45 he starts M4 immediately after the 2013 Nationals. Any tournament from now will be in M4.

And @oneskimom is smiling when she read your comment about guidance from her...she knows the Skier Qualification Committee deals with rule 3 along with the Rules Committee.

• Supporting Member

@klindy Thanks for the clarification about when people will change lists.

That seems strange, though. Why appear on the M3 list when not in M3?

Not that I'm in a hurry to kick out the 10 M4 guys ahead of me on the list or anything...

• Baller

@rico @Than_Bogan it took us a little time to add the 2014 ski year NOPS tables to the ranking list. Once that was done the next "refresh" automatically puts everyone where they need to be. The exceptions of scores "rolling over" are those that are changing speeds, etc. 36 --> 34, etc. Once they start posting new scores they'll show up appropriately.