First ride on the A3 - with video

KcSwerver

• Baller

So today was the first time I rode the new syndicate. For my first impression, in rides a little deeper in the water then my 9900. It has CRAZY cross course speed and it has a turn that i havnt really figured out yet. All in all it was a good day of learning, cant wait for tommorow.

If i could say one thing it would be:

"I ran my Hardest pass on the first try" thats saying something

Video will come tonight, 34, and !36! Passes

• Baller

@KCSwerver Frist all its great to see your progress this season!

I would take a more gradual approach to your gate pull out. The standing or jerking up can throw you into some odd positions and is unpredictable especially for a LFF skier. Think about edging out while pointing your knees outbound. This will allow you to get higher up on the boat in your glide. At 15off@36 you should be pulling out for the gates around 1.5 boat lengths before the nose of the boat gets to the 55s. You should be around 15 feet wide of the 2,4,6 buoy line when you turn in. This will help you create a good even swing from side to side early in the course instead of playing catch up by pulling as hard off the ball and getting stood up after the second wake.

I like your hand control coming back to the handle on 2,4,6. It looks as though you are rushing back to the handle on 1,3,5. Think about being more patient in the turn and letting the ski finish under the line before getting back on the handle. I am working on this myself. @Webbdawg99 pointed it out to me in my skiing earlier this season.

• Baller

Hips... two things really seem to help me:

1) during the edge change - move your hips up and over your front foot

2) at the finish of the turn - move your hips around so that they pass under the handle before your outside hand comes onto it.

When, I do these two things, my butt is tucked under and my hips are forward in a stacked position. The first one, puts pressure on the front of the ski without any need to drop the shoulders forward. It keeps you heads up and in a neutral stance during the turn. The second one helps to get into the stacked position before you really load on the boat.

I always thought it was weird that we say "hips up." It is really more of a "hips leading" that we want. If the hips are leading the way from buoy to center line, from center line to glide, etc., then we are "stacked".

• Baller
I agree Todd. I am working with a novice right now and the thought that worked for him was going into one ball, think of moving your left hip over your front foot and at apex, think of moving your right hip over your front foot. May not be 100% technically correct, as you need to drop your inside hip to turn and get ready for the load, but he resonated with it and ran a couple at 15 off 36 mph yesterday for a new PB.

• Baller
Really focused on keeping my shoulders level and head level (jon travers) and the ski started to shine. It takes beautiful arcs on my onside back on the ball. Offside are a little trickier.. With the help of @walleye i started to counter rotate in my preturn wich got my ski wider and wider, then BANG turn in the other direction like a rocket. Sweet ski so far, iv never made this many -15 36mph passes in one lake outing (5) And iv never made a -22 in my life. Too cool. One thing im noticing is that it is a little sluggish at 32mph. Could just be me

• Baller

Allright here is the last video i swear haha this is the only 36 -15 pass we took today. It shows some differences compared to yesterday i got more comfortable on it.

The more i watch the more i realize my offsides suck.

For people watching my differing gates. You are correct i have no idea what im doing. I have had really really good success with the one handed gate but two handed is a little safer, except i tend to screw myself up with it. Lately iv just been trying everything in order to find something i like.

Good skiing! I was at the exact same level as you at this time last year, and was having the same problems. I focused on two things:

1) getting a wide gate so that I could make a nice, easy turn in to the gates. I would still have plenty of speed and width, so I could start my preturn earlier and finish my turn with a leveraged position

2) keeping my head up in my turns, especially on 2-4 (LFF like you). This allows me to exit the turn in a nice leveraged position.

Keep it up! You're right on the brink of -28 at 36!

@kcswerver great skiing. I love seeing 36mph progression! Do you happen to have an app on your phone or iPad called coaches eye? If you can take some video on the app or input your video somehow and send it to me we could have some real fun breaking it down and doing some analysis.

• Baller
I would LOVE to. I have the app and use it mostly for the frame by frame but i would be super interested in getting some feedback on what you see. Would it be an email thing? I cant say i know the ins and outs of the app. Feel free to Direct Message me . Im 100% in