Should Regional records count if set at a class C (see class C poll)

disland

Pretty sure the rule says they have to be set in a Record tournament. That said- I don't give a rip about video, other than end-course to comply with boat path requirements. A whole lot of records were set without video gates etc... We going to toss them all because of that?

• Baller

I think that while the possibility isn't big that there is a chance that on a questionable gate the skier gets the score in a class C because they can't review it which is unfair to the skier who set the record with the same gate in a record capable tournament but due to video review got his gate pulled.

I don't think it happens very often but I think there needs to be a way of verifying and checking a potential record breaking score and typically that doesn't exist at a class C.

• Baller
I think the Conflict of Interest Rule, course survey, towers on both sides, and video from boat for tricks (I know this is not currently required for Class E but scores are consistently lower) should be the minimum requirements for Regional Records. So maybe revise Class E standards? I also think it would be great if Class E & L could be run to the same "looser" standard.

• Baller
@klindy, thanks for clarifying that. I don't have much to say then other than when possible I like the idea of having video of record breaking runs but if it isn't required I don't know the details of the rules well enough to say why or why not regional records should be able to be set in class C tournaments.

• Baller
@RazorRoss3 beside not being a requirement, for National records the only video required to submit is the record pass and the last full pass. World Records require the gate and boat video but that would only apply to OM (2.5@43 pending) and OW (2.5@41 pending).