Champions will be crowned at the Little Mountain Lake Pro-Am this weekend

Horton

• Administrators

http://www.ballofspray.com/images/2013/DSC_0043_2_-_Edited.JPGChampions will be crowned and records will be on the line at the Little Mountain Lake Pro-Am this weekend in Maiden, N.C., where Nate Smith tied the world record in June and Jeff Rodgers broke the 34-mph record in 2012. Both will be back, joined by Chris Parrish and others, as eight world, international and national records are challenged over the two-day, two-tournament event. Elite skiers will be paired with amateurs on two-person teams, and a team champion (based on a handicap system) from Saturday's tournament will be named that evening. Men's and women's champions will be namedSunday, based on their top three scores over four rounds. Ten-time national champion Chuck Forrest, coming out of semi-retirement, could be a front-runner for the men's title, and Karen Truelove will highlight the women's field, along with Women II national champion Chelsea Mills. Behind primary sponsors Race City Marine, Nautique, Mapple Skis, Ball of Spray and GoPro, the Pro-Am will hand out more than $4,000 in awards and sponsor prizes. For more information, contact gilb41@hotmail.com or jwbrooks119@gmail.comRead more: Champions will be crowned at the Little Mountain Lake Pro-Am this weekend

• Baller
Wow! What a day at Little mountain! Neilly Ross sets the tone with a pending Canadian Record for Girls 2, Cale Burdick(MI skier) runs a pb 4@41, Nate 4 @ 41, CP 3 1/2 @ 41 and Jeff Rodgers runs 4@ 41 on a new ski(Mapple 6.0) and there were numerous other fine performances despite a steady rain most of the day. In the end over $4000 in cash and sponsor product prizes were handed out and a good time was had by all. Jeff Rodgers received a special recognition for breaking the 34mph world record in a previous tournament held at the Little Mountain site.

• Baller_

Cale is a cool guy and a great instructor. He worked a development clinic this summer in Grand Rapids. One of the skiers in our club took his son there. The son also skis in our club on league night. After that one clinic, the son went from never running the course to running it over several speed increments at the next league night. The rest of us in the club were amazed. It really was an incredible improvement. They had many great things to say about Cale.

I skied with Cale this summer and had a great time watching him run 39 from the boat and get 3 at 41 that day. It's awesome to hear that he got a new PB and, from the looks of it, right at the top of the leaderboard as well.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_
I just looked at the Little Mountain scores on the USA Waterski site. Neither Cale nor Nate were listed. Seems odd. Did they just ski as exhibition, or was there some sort of disqualification, or hologram/mirage/daydream?

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.