When to increase speed or shorten rope?

gsm_peter

• Baller

When do you recomend to increase speed or shorten rope?

Reason for asking is how do I progress most efficient?

I have recently made 30 @15 off.

Now I normally I start with one or two 28 passes (they are very easy now).

I then make a few 30.

Lately I can run 3-4 full passes in a row and some times even catch up small misstakes.

Finally I try a fews passes on 32 and I make 2 or 3 balls.

We run 6 or 8 passes per set (no time for 2 sets on weekdays)

Do you recomend to keep training at 30 to improve position and timing or run more 32's and experinece the higher speed?

Or shall I try some 28 or 30 @22 off just for fun?

• Baller
There's no real harm in shortening the rope as something new to break up the routine and try something different but I personally believe that you should continue working up in speed as your primary goal. I was going through the speed up process last year and every 2 mph was a new world. If you're like me, the extra 2 mph is so much harder because you're now skiing defensively and scared which makes things worse. Once you get comfortable at the new speed and once you get your form down, the buoys will start to fall fairly quickly for a while.

• Baller

Primary goal is proper leverage on both sides, then making all6, then bumping speed as an indicator you are ready. Do you have people you ski with you trust to tell you what your leverage position looks like? Better yet submit video here! A solid foundation is what you build your boat speed from, not just chasing buoys!

Back to back passes with 30mph, with good technique go for a few at 32!